PDA

View Full Version : The last of the California 7 has a home!!

Cathy T
4th January 2009, 02:02 AM
Hooray for Tyra, now known as Lolly!! She has found a wonderful home!! Kathy G and drove out yesterday to meet a wonderful woman who was interested in Lolly. I've never seen anything like it!! Lolly is very skittish, doesn't care to be petted and surely wouldn't want to sit on anyone's lap.....until she picked her new mom. After a little visit her new mom (Carol) asked if she could hold Lolly. Kathy told her about Lolly's quirks but put her on Carol's lap. Within 15 minutes Lolly was sawing logs, sound asleep! Carol has two other Cavaliers (one is a rescue) and had just lost her a Cavalier in November (10 days shy of her 15th birthday!!) and both of them were totally fine with Lolly.

The best part was when it was time to leave. There were still a couple of steps to take before adoption could be completed so Lolly was going back home with Kathy pending the next couple of steps. Lolly didn't want to leave! She put on the brakes at the door. We walked to the driveway with Lolly on her leash, she turned around, walked over to Carol...and sat down! She chose her new mom for us!

I'm so happy for her. Carol is a wonderful and sweet woman and will be a wonderful forever home for Lolly.

hbmama
4th January 2009, 05:34 AM
Cathy, that is wonderful news! Now all of the California 7 have their forever homes. :jump:

When we picked Claire to foster, little Lolly tugged at our hearts. She was more fearful and skittish than the others, and for good reason. I can't imagine the horrible situation that she had come from. From now on, all she will know is love, security and a warm happy home. No more abuse and neglect!

You and Kathy G. and all of the volunteers that made these placements possible are to be commended! cl*p

Cathy Moon
4th January 2009, 02:16 PM
Wonderful news! She'll have the perfect home! :lotsaluv:

*Pauline*
4th January 2009, 02:33 PM
What a tear jerker! Dogs are magnets to love. Lolly must have known she is very much wanted.

Marilyn
4th January 2009, 06:22 PM
What a wonderful story to start the new year!

I love a happy ending! I look at my little happy ending snoring on the bed and wish the same for them all. Bless all of the people that work so hard to make this happen and bless the people that complete the dog's life.

Karlin
5th January 2009, 10:00 PM
This is such great news. Kudos to all of you in rescue who worked as such an effective, efficient team to give this group of dogs a second chance!! :wggle:

Mom of Jato
6th January 2009, 12:39 AM
What great news! All of these precious little babies deserve a loving home- I am so happy they all have that chance now. :rah:

Nicki
7th January 2009, 05:53 PM
That's fantastic news - well done to you all and bless wee Lolly that she knew whom she wanted for her Mum :lotsaluv:

Brian M
7th January 2009, 08:59 PM
Hi

What a great ending to the Tale of The Magnificent Seven ,very wel done to all invovled.:flwr::flwr::flwr::):)l