• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Now I'm getting scared

He may just be constipated from the Imodium so don't panic yet.

I would advise taking him for a check up at the vet as something isn't right obviously.

I have 3 Cavaliers and find myself getting scared every time I read something that could happen to them. They had their heart, eyes, & ears checked & have regular check-up's @ the Vet. Everything shows normal. Mine have the typical sensitive stomachs & sometime's go a day without eating. I have a great Vet that loves my boys and will get them in on a moments notice.

I hope your boy gets to feeling better soon.

The constipation is probably just from the Imodium, whenever one gets diarrhea here I give them enterol.. It's not consitipating, just helping to balance everything again..

I really hope he's doing better now?
And the scratching.. Well if it's just once, don't worry about it ;) All cavaliers can sometimes do funny stuff ;) That's why they are Cavaliers ;)

Sorry to hear that your cavalier is not well, try not to worry too much, I know its not easy with all the news about SM, I watch my dog more closely now when he does strange things, try not to analyse it too much and go to the vets if things dont improve.

Riley was diagnosed with SM in May and had surgery in June. Her only symptoms were being a little off balance at times, not being a good jumper, and having what I thought were mild and infrequent seizures. I also elected not to treat her for the seizures because they were short and she came right out of them. Well, when I decided to have her seizures checked out by a neurologist, it was confirmed through MRI that she had SM and her neurologist said that her seizures were actually due to problems with her vestibular or balance system. My advice - have your boy checked out by a neurologist. Hopefully, he could just be put on meds and it will help. Good luck.

Back