• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spangly

Spangly

Hello everyone ! I have just joined, and I have a 13 month old blenheim called Spangle (like those sweets in the 60`s!). I am passionate about anything to do with Cavaliers. My mum got Rikki in 1973, but I couldn`t have my own until I was at home to be with her. She was Poppy (another blenheim) who (although diagnosed with a grade 5 heart problem at four and a half), lived until she was thirteen and a half. She was such lovely, laidback sort of girl with a passion for black labradors!
We sadly lost her in 2006 and and then in Feb 2008 we got Spangle. She is such a sweetie, but we noticed she had problems very early on and having researched for 6 months to find a healthy pup, we were devastated to discover after her MRI scan that she has SM. We found this out at the end of November. She is on gabapentin and prednisilone. She is different every day - sometimes good, sometimes not so good. We just want to make sure she is comfortable and happy but it is hard to get the dosage right.
Sorry to go on so much but it is such a relief to talk about it.

Welcome aboard,Spangly. Happy to have you here. I guess it just shows how wonderful cavaliers are that even with all their potential health problems those of us who love the breed are willing to risk the heartbreak. I gave my heart away over 7 years ago and hope to give it many more times.

DeeDee
mom to Bailey ( 2 1/2 yr old blenheim) and Mollie (golden oldie)

Welcome, Spangly. So sorry you have to deal with SM. You will find many here to share your concerns with since, unfortunately, it is such a problem.

icon_welcome Hello and welcome from Surrey, UK.

I am sorry to hear about Spangle's diagnosis of SM, but you have come to the right place for help and advice. There always seems to be somebody on the board who can give support and advice when needed.

:( This is an issue for us all, even if we have healthy dogs at present. It is a worry, but it helps to have all the information that you can get.

Best wishes,

Back