• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Members Temperatures -Where They Live

Brian M

Hi Again

Is there a problem with posting :confused:,three times I have tried to upload and failed and therefore lost my typed question and as my top speed is two and a bit fingers it gets depressing :mad:

So try again my next question as we seem a bit quiet is about where members live and the coldest or warmest temperature they have had since Dec 1st 2008 ,is it in Illinois wheres its supposed to be snowing heavy and is it warmest in sunny Florida or California or even somewhere in Australia.
So starting where I live since the 1st Dec our coldest in Prenton Cheshire England is a freezing jangling of - 7 deg last Mon Jan 5 th so beat that if you can:)

I'm in San Diego, California and we're expecting 83 degrees today...yuck, too hot for me!!!!

Today is 27F but it is forecasted to drop to 1 degree F on Friday. My SIL lives in Montana (the flat part near the Dakotas), and had actual temps of -40F in December!

I'd love 83F, love the heat!

Last edited:
Here in southern Alberta, it is currently 0 C. Just barely melting. Earlier in Dec though, we were down around -40 C. With windchill, it even hit -50 C one day. I am happy for this unusual warm spell we are having. Luckily, where I live, we get a lot of chinooks, so even when it is super cold, we know there is warmer weather coming. Other areas of the Canadian prairies are not so lucky.

This morning was our coldest temp so far this winter. It was -20C (-4F). Poor Max didn't like it one bit. He was bound and determined he was going to poop on only three legs (alternating lifted paws). Can't say I blame him - I didn't like it much either. Luckily it warmed up to -5 (23F) during the day.

Mindy didn't seem to mind as much but she didn't waste a lot of time outside either!

We had 1F/-17C with a windchill of -22F/-30C as our coldest day so far. Average low is 20F/-6.7C though which I think is much more reasonable!

We are currently experiencing 18F. Yesterday we had a snowstorm that dumped 12 inches on us. We had to dig a series of trenches in the snow in our backyard so our cavaliers can get their exercise (and go potty!). The snow plows didn't come until 4:00pm, so we were trapped at home on Saturday.

We also got 12" of snow yesterday here in Illinois. We are to get another 6" or so this week, and have gusty winds of 40 MPH with wind chills in the -35 F. I'm really getting tired of all this snow- we are on our way to breaking a record we've had so much. I feel sorry for the furry kids, and me too!!! lol

It is supposed to get very cold here by the end of the week ... Coldest it has been in 10 years. They are predicting 10 degrees Farhrenheit on Thursday as our low ... (for Metric people, that's -12). The dogs will not be happy when we go on their walks to pee :dogwlk:

we had minus 5 a few days ago, and it is still cold in the mornings, pretty unusual , and a large amount of snow came last week

Last week we had temps of 70+. I even wore open toe shoes to the office one day/no socks!!

Today was 55 -supposed to get as low as 30 later this week. Brrr. Rudy looks for sunshine patches on the carpet.

Back