• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Apart From Cavaliers -What Other Pets

Brian M

Hello Again

After my two questions of yesterday todays nosey one is for members (And I find all the answers absolutely fascinating ) with other pets so it is .

Apart from Cavaliers but mention them anyway and including other breeds of dogs what other pets live with you ,pls answer with as wide a range as possible and include any living thing .Private or embarrassing answers (thinking here if anybody owns boa constrictors that may be needed for work or similar) answers pls write on the back of a blank cheque and PM me for my home address , oh and of course any monies received will be donated to charity.

As of now I am low on stock so I can only say Three Cavalier Girls ,One White Girl Pussycat and If I can bend the rules as I asked first Eight semi-feral cats at work but I feed them 7/7 so they are partly part of my clan.

We have three cavs, one terrier, six cats and four aquariums ( 3 x 240L & 1 x 55L)

Well... as for our little household, we have about 9 little fish (coldwater fish but look tropical? - and are indistructable, i'm actually waiting to get rid of the tank as its too big but they are still going strong after 2 and a half years!!)
We also were able to buy our first dog when we bought our first house together nearly 2 years ago. Lily is a gorgeou West Highland White Terrier and is 20 months old.
Then our latest addition was our little Blenheim Cavalier Bailey. We got her in June 2008 and she has just turned 9 months old, she LOVES Lily to bits and they are the best of friends, however she does tend to steal any toy that Lily picks up!!

In addition to my Cavaliers Miles and Truman, we have 2 cats that were found abandoned outside in a window well when they were only a few weeks old. We rescued them and named them Hailey (all black) and Kayla (tiger); they are almost 5 years old.

Well here we have two cavaliers, Lady and Amber and one tabby cat Lucky she`s 16 years old now. and two teenage kids if they count :razz:

Our 3 cavaliers, Cassie, Holly and Gus. plus a tropical fish tank housing 4 sword tails called bobby, smartie, minstrel and twix. A japanese fighting fish called kung fu, 2 mollies called would you believe molly and titch, one loach called boyo and 4 apple snails called, wait for it, pippin, cox's, delicious and bramley. No:winkct:

Hi lady and amber

Sorry I forgot about teenage kids I suppose we can group that as untamed specias unknown ,so I would say yes can be included but maximum age 21 no more,otherwise we will have a crowd of grans and grandads next:confused:

Hi HollyDolly
No Great White Sharks yet or are still working on the size of the tank needed ,I wonder what you would feed a pet one of them .Nothing yet from Nicki or Justine come on girls.:)

We have our Daisy-Dog (Blenheim Cavalier), 3 glow-fish in a 5 gallon aquarium, and 3 hermit crabs that we have now had over a year! (That's a record for those little guys, I think! At least it is for us.)

Growing up (I know this is beyond the scope of the poll, but since I loved them lots, I'll tell you about them anyway), I had 4 toy poodles over the years of my childhood up until 2000 (2 white, 2 silver), many cats (a huge silver tabby named Rascal was my forever cat), many fish, a couple of hamsters, and parakeets.

Since our kids came along, we have also tried tadpoles twice. Both times, they successfully morphed into frogs and then promptly died, right after I had invested in miniature crickets, cricket feed, a cricket cage, cricket water, etc. Oh well. We also had an ant farm about a year ago, too.

Only Mollie my 8 yr old Golden retriever-patience personified as she has watched new dogs and boarder dogs come into her house over the years and rarely fusses about it. When she wants time alone-she likes her space-she'll stand at the sliding door growling and get the rest wanting to go out the door-as soon as they're out she calmly walks the other way LOL.
Have family of parasitical bunnies under deck that never heed the call that they should vacate.

Apart from Princess Bella the ruby cavi, I've 2 Maine Coons called Buster and Hattie and a Siamese who is 19 years and stone deaf..... Oh and a husband.:)

Hello Again

After my two questions of yesterday todays nosey one is for members (And I find all the answers absolutely fascinating ) with other pets so it is .

Apart from Cavaliers but mention them anyway and including other breeds of dogs what other pets live with you ,pls answer with as wide a range as possible and include any living thing .Private or embarrassing answers (thinking here if anybody owns boa constrictors that may be needed for work or similar) answers pls write on the back of a blank cheque and PM me for my home address , oh and of course any monies received will be donated to charity.

As of now I am low on stock so I can only say Three Cavalier Girls ,One White Girl Pussycat and If I can bend the rules as I asked first Eight semi-feral cats at work but I feed them 7/7 so they are partly part of my clan.

No Boa Constrictor I'm afraid, just a lot of boring old dogs.

Besides three resident cavaliers dogs, one young bitch kidnapped by my daughter, and a tricolour dog I part own with my friend ( he lives with her ) I have six Japanese Chins.

Fonzi my first chin is elght. He was shown and won a little when a puppy but then developed a wry mouth, so his tongue now peeps out the side of his mouth. He is very nosey, loves people, and is always trying to go home with my neighbours.
He is about 7lbs and has a wonderful flowing coat that reaches the ground. He is very oriental and cat like. He does not sniff things on the ground that interest him, he will put out a dainty foot and tap it.
He allows me to love him.

Tyson ( name is a joke ) is now seven. He did not make the show ring. Not typy enough & too large, but the smartest dog ever. The biggest of my chins, he probably weighs 10lbs and has a big bark & is a very good guard dog.
He knows the difference between chins and cavaliers & guards the other chins from the big boys. When we had chin puppies he guarded the whelping box, would let the chins near but not the cavaliers.
He gives enthusiastic kisses, climbs everywhere given the chance, & has a sense of humour.

Benny is about 6-7lb, aloof and unfriendly with strangers, and not at all cuddly. He is my pillow dog, and the one I worry about on the very rare occasions that I have to leave them in kennels.
He will climb any gate or barrier ( has got over an 8 foot chain fence gate ) &, at home, will scratch the door frames until he is allowed to go where he wants to go, which is with me. He sleeps on a shelf under my computer while I am typing.
Benny will occasionally give me a lick, but on the whole he is undemonstrative, but I am his life and he is always near me.
He did well in the show ring but is now six & retired from showing.

Bridgette ( the Midget ) was bred by me. Three & a half years old. Tiny little girl but now spayed & too fat. Bustles around pushing the others away from their food bowls if I do not watch her.
Poor girl grows fat on the sniff of a biscuit.
She loves to cuddle but spends most of her time putting Fonzi under siege because he guards his treats instead of eating them. She usually gets them in the end.
Confident bossy little madam

Hana, her sister, is beautiful but timid of strangers, noises, shadows. Was a wonderful mother and my daughter also kidnapped George, the little boy that I kept from the last litter.
Hana loves to cuddle & has sudden mad moments when she will twirl wildly in the middle of the room. Spends most of her time on the back of the sofa trying to avoid the advances of William, the oldest cavalier, who thinks she is wonderful.

Dandy is my show boy, part owned with a very well known breeder of cavaliers & chins.
Beautiful head, very pretty boy, and a cavalier temperament in a chin body. Covers you with kisses, always wants to be picked up & cuddled, happy, waggy, an absolute delight, who shows well and wins well.
Dandy was really a kennel dog who came to us when he was about 16 months, & he very quickly learned to use the dog flap & to be clean in the house.
He is now a bed dog, who likes to sleep on whatever jumper I had on that day. He scrunches it up under him and in the morning is usually fast asleep on it, upside down, legs straight up in the air. He often stays there long after we have got up & only comes out when he hears the breakfasts being prepared.
He adores my husband, who finds it very flattering.

As this is not about the cavaliers I will have to leave the 'big boys' until another time. :)

Margaret C

Hi lady and amber

Sorry I forgot about teenage kids I suppose we can group that as untamed specias unknown ,so I would say yes can be included but maximum age 21 no more,otherwise we will have a crowd of grans and grandads next:confused:

And what do you have against Grandmothers?
I could report you for ageism.

Margaret C

Hi Brian,

My siggy covers a lot of it.

2 cavaliers: Lizzie and Bandit
1 collie: Laddie
1 Malamute/Shepherd/Husky mix: Kaya
1 vizsla: Odin
1 mouse: Barbie
1 hamster: Jibbit

I cannot have cats. Kaya kills them with scary efficiency. She has "offed" 3 of my neighbors cats when they came over into our fenced in yard despite my pleas to the neighbors not to let them wander over here. She has killed several other unfortunate creatures that strayed into the yard including bunnies, birds, moles and a possum.

We usually always have a few resident fish, but when the last one died about 3 months ago, I said "no more fish" for a while. I am too busy with school!

At various times in the past I have had wolves, a hog-nosed snake, a couple of piranahs, hermit crabs and a horse.

Also have 14 and 10 year old daughters and a 12 year old son.

Last edited:
In addition to Cody Ive got Sophie my little shih tzu she's 3, cream and white and a little madam, Kizzy my 6 year old shih tzu she's black and white and follows me everywhere even if l just pop upstairs to get something she up and right behind me, then my Oscar he's border collie X, he's 11 years old and my gentle lad
Ive got my 2 cats Gizmo he's 12 , and Cheeky he's 10 and I've got 4 feral cats who adopted me.... one little lad I've been able to tame, he's Henry
also Ive got a small fish tank with 2 goldfish :)

By myself I have currently Chelsea 3 year old ruby, Kara 2 grey rescue kitty, Tyson 12 grumpy blue Tonk kitty (always skittish, hates the dog), and Candy was 16 when pts a year ago a champagin Tonk kitty.

New addition comming at the end of month tri female puppy, no name yet.:dogwlk:

Back