PDA

View Full Version : My Little Minnie was killed yesterday

Claire L
14th January 2009, 11:02 AM
I can hardly see to type this ,it's so hard to believe. Yesterday Minnie was attacked by a GS as we walked in a little park while passing time waiting for the vet to finish surgery on another animal. My girls were just going in to get booster shot and check-up and now Minnie is dead. I can hardly breathe and I just don't know how I will ever get through this nightmare.

Jan Bell
14th January 2009, 11:22 AM
Claire I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say.

rosiesmum
14th January 2009, 11:31 AM
OMG Claire, I am so sorry to hear about Minnie. What an awful thing to go through.

Sending you loads of :hug::hug::hug:

sins
14th January 2009, 11:39 AM
I'm so sorry Claire.
I hope she didn't suffer. Did the owner of the GS take responsibility for this?
Sins

Brian M
14th January 2009, 11:41 AM
So very ,very sorry Claire .

Charleen
14th January 2009, 11:41 AM
That is so terrible Claire. I am so sorry Minnie was savaged by a GS. It is a horrible way to say goodbye to your loved companion.

Ejay
14th January 2009, 11:59 AM
Claire I am so sorry to read this, such an awful thing for you all to go through.

diddy
14th January 2009, 12:03 PM
Thats awfully sad Claire. So very sorry.

amanda L
14th January 2009, 12:05 PM
Oh my God, Claire, I am in total shock reading about your little Minnie, absolutely horrific, I just cannot imagine how you must be feeling. Please know I am thinking of you at this time.

Karlin
14th January 2009, 12:11 PM
Claire, this is so sad. :( I know you must be simply devastated and it is just awful. You so clearly cared so deeply for both your cavaliers and you had done so much for Minnie. It is just beyond belief that she would be attacked in this cruel way when you were just passing time before a vet appointment, when you would be relaxed and enjoying yourselves in a park, and I hope you will be able to locate the dog involved. We will all be thinking of you as you go through this -- time will bring some relief but I can only imagine the shock and devastation right now. Please look after yourself and keep Cara by your side for comfort. :flwr:

Lani
14th January 2009, 12:25 PM
OMG, Claire ... There simply are no words.

I know you must be devastated. I am so sorry this happened to you.

Hugs to you and Cara as you deal with this tragic loss :hug:

brotymo
14th January 2009, 12:40 PM
Claire, I am just horrified and cannot imagine how awful this must be for you. I can't even allow myself to picture it with one of my dogs, it is just too terrible. I am so sorry that you are having to suffer this. I do hope you will be able to go after this dog/owner and help prevent this animal from injuring or killing again.

Shivers
14th January 2009, 12:43 PM
Im so sorry. What an awful thing to happen :( I dont even know what to say

Ste
14th January 2009, 01:13 PM
Claire I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through.

Sleep well Minnie :(

pippa
14th January 2009, 01:15 PM
OMG Claire ...My heart is thumping and I am in tears, I am so sorry, have pm'd you.

Charlifarley
14th January 2009, 01:18 PM
Claire, I am terribly sorry to hear what happened. That must have been devastating to witness. This is the second time recently that I have heard of a GS attacking a Cavi. The other little dog lives near me and was lucky to survive. Do you mind me asking what part of Dublin you were in?

casshon
14th January 2009, 01:28 PM
Claire,

I'm so very sorry that this has happened. When you are up to it I'll give you a call :flwr:.

linderbelle
14th January 2009, 01:28 PM
Claire: My heart goes out to you very deeply. I cannot imagine what you are going through. All I can say is I am so very sorry.

*Pauline*
14th January 2009, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry Claire, I'm a bit in shock, I'll PM you later. :( :hug:

leesanlucie
14th January 2009, 01:48 PM
I am so sorry for ur loss....:(
Am thinking of u and little Cara at this time.
x

Mimi
14th January 2009, 01:51 PM
So sorry Claire another cavalier angel has gotten their wings .
I'm shedding a tear thinking about her .
mimi

Sabby
14th January 2009, 02:01 PM
I can't even find the words. :cry*ing: I am so sorry.

Sue.k
14th January 2009, 02:03 PM
Oh my god Claire, I am so sorry, I am just devastated for you:(

molly
14th January 2009, 02:20 PM
Claire, there are no words to express how saddened I am for you and Minnie. Sending you e-hugs and hopes for peace for Minnie. It must be devastating.

Love my Cavaliers
14th January 2009, 02:27 PM
I am so sorry for you. My heart aches and grieves for you. We all are crying with you and sending our love.

Louise1823
14th January 2009, 02:32 PM
Claire I cant believe what I have just read - Im so sorry that this has happened to you, its just too horrific to imagine what you must be going through.
Minnie is at peace now and I hope you and Cara will be okay. Thinking of you all :flwr:

Mary
14th January 2009, 02:32 PM
How horrible this is. You are in my thoughts and prayers for comfort at this very difficult time.

Daisy's Mom
14th January 2009, 02:36 PM
That is truly awful. I'm so, so sorry to hear about Minnie. God bless you and your family. Hugs to you all! I really hope the owner of the GS is held responsible in some meaningful way.

Shelli
14th January 2009, 02:50 PM
Claire, no words can ease your pain at this awful time, but know that we are thinking of you and little cara. It has always been obvious that you love your furbabies very much :lotsaluv:
I hope poor Minnie didnt suffer and I really hope that the owner of the GS is accepting responsibility.
Sending lots of :hug: to you and cara.
Run free at the bridge sweet minnie

Noelle
14th January 2009, 02:59 PM
Thats awful Claire, so sorry for your loss

jld
14th January 2009, 03:02 PM
My heart breaks for you......

arasara
14th January 2009, 03:03 PM
Oh Claire - there are absolutely no words to describe what I am feeling for you right now. I am SO sorry :hug:I cannot imagine going through something like that. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers right now.. Big giant HUGS!! :flwr:

Cathy Moon
14th January 2009, 03:09 PM
Claire, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Minnie. :( You and your husband are in our thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Nicki
14th January 2009, 03:23 PM
Oh Claire I'm so very very sorry, this is just devastating news, I can't believe it.

Completely heartbroken for you :(:(:(:(

It's hard enough dealing with a loss, but when something like this happens it just makes things so much worse - it is one of our worst nightmares.

Thinking of you both and darling Cara too, she must be very distressed by what's happened.

I hope you manage to track down the owner - and take things further - I know you won't feel like it at the moment but hopefully in time you will - if nothing else, then to stop it happening again.

caayenne
14th January 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm so very sorry Claire. Reading this is just heartbreaking. I hope that this community brings you comfort during this terrible time. Many :hug: to you.

-Andrea

Cathy T
14th January 2009, 03:45 PM
Oh my God Claire...I don't even know what to say I am so in shock. Your news is so devastating. I know how much you love your girls and how far you've brought them with your love. I am so incredibly sorry Claire, I am just dumbfounded. Take comfort in Cara and know that she needs you right now. Be strong Claire, we love you.

redhare
14th January 2009, 03:55 PM
So sorry for your loss.

frecklesmom
14th January 2009, 03:59 PM
How horrifying for all.:hug:to you and Cara and sweet thoughts for your Minnie. I cannot imagine the terror you felt and your deep trauma :lotsaluv:

Andy's mum
14th January 2009, 04:02 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss... Take care of yourself.

Jasperxxgabby
14th January 2009, 04:20 PM
I am so sorry to read this, and I am in tears that you have lost your Minnie in this traumatic, nightmarish way, it is just heartbreaking. :hug: to you and your family.

brid kenny
14th January 2009, 04:37 PM
Claire, I have just read this and am beyond shocked. I am sooo sorry that this has happened. I know you loved her beyond words and she had the best life possible. Thinking of you all here. Keep Cara close to you for comfort.

Lexie
14th January 2009, 04:44 PM
So sorry for your loss. :(
You will be in my prayers.

Margaret C
14th January 2009, 04:46 PM
There is so little that can be said, except I am so sorry, and I am thinking of you.

Margaret C

James
14th January 2009, 04:57 PM
You have my sincerest sympathies, I am sorry that I cannot say more as I do not know what to say.

Rumor
14th January 2009, 05:02 PM
Nothing I say can ease your pain. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry.

Mindysmom
14th January 2009, 05:33 PM
I am so very sorry.

Barbara
14th January 2009, 05:40 PM
What a terrible tragedy. I am so very sorry .

team bella
14th January 2009, 05:46 PM
Claire...what can I say. Your heart must be broken. I pray that you find the strength to get over this.

God Bless:hug:

Christine

MadPip
14th January 2009, 05:48 PM
Claire, I'm in tears even trying to imagine what you're going through. My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Frances

misty
14th January 2009, 05:52 PM
omg ((( Claire ))), I'm devastated for you :(:(.

I can't imagine how you feel, but I'm sharing tears with you right now. Dreadful thing to happen to such a well-loved little angel.

Run free sweetiepie.

HollyDolly
14th January 2009, 06:14 PM
I am sure no words can comfort you right now and just wish we all could be in Ireland to help you through this. I just cannot imagine your pain, to lose a dog in such an horrific way, words just fail me.
My love and care go out to you.

Nanette xxxxxx

Aileen
14th January 2009, 06:18 PM
Oh Clare I am so sorry :cry*ing::hug:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

KCB
14th January 2009, 06:55 PM
Claire this is such heartbreaking news. I have lurked on this site for a long time and know how much you adore your two girls. So sorry to hear about Minnie will be thinking and praying for you and your family and of course Cara too. Take care.

dsurtees
14th January 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your terrible news.

Danielle

Tania
14th January 2009, 07:01 PM
I can't imagine your pain and I feel so sorry this has happened.

ttsabin
14th January 2009, 07:02 PM
hugs to you and your family.its so terrible to hear such tragic news.

chloe92us
14th January 2009, 07:03 PM
Claire, I lost a cat 5 years ago to a dog attack, and it still haunts me to this day. It makes it so much worse to lose a pet in this way. I know how angry <<<<SCREAM>>>> and devastated you are and my heart is breaking for you. Hang in there and I hope you can find the dog who did this to her.

-leah-
14th January 2009, 07:03 PM
I feel physically sick, I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.. Keep your family close, and remember she is not alone Rudee is looking after her now.xx

Mycavyangels
14th January 2009, 07:18 PM
This is terrible
Iam soo sorry for your loss:( :( :(

((( HUGS from me and my Gang)))

Lisa_T
14th January 2009, 07:20 PM
What a horrific thing. Thinking of you and Cara. Poor Minnie.

jasperpaw
14th January 2009, 07:35 PM
So sorry to hear your terrible news.

Elaine 2
14th January 2009, 08:07 PM
Claire my heart goes out to you, I'm so sorry to hear your heart breaking news, Take care you're in my thoughts
Run free beautiful girl

LovesCavaliers
14th January 2009, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry Claire - this is truly heartbreaking.

tara
14th January 2009, 08:38 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. You must be in shock right now -- please take some comfort in knowing that so many people here are thinking of you.

Gem
14th January 2009, 08:43 PM
:flwr:so sorry Claire, theres not really much that can be said other than Minnie knew how much you loved her, give Cara extra cuddles, you'll both need them right now

Manda74
14th January 2009, 08:49 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss, i cannot imagine your pain :(

ice-cavi
14th January 2009, 08:50 PM
My heart just broke when I read this....it´s horrible and I cannot even begin to imagine how you must feel...this must definatly be the hardest way to say goodbye:(

I hope you and Cara will be able to comfort each other somehow :hug::flwr:

Also I hope the owner of the GS will take full resposability of his dogs actions.

shippers
14th January 2009, 08:50 PM
This is terrible news and I can only imagine how devastated you must feel. I'm so sorry. Hope Cara is comforting you at this sad time

cy1266
14th January 2009, 08:54 PM
Oh my god, I am so sorry. I was shocked when I read this. This is so sad, I can't even imagine how you must feel right now. Cara will need extra cuddles...poor Minnie, I really hope that that the owner of the GSD takes responsibility for this horrific tragedy. If this GSD attacked Minnie there's a good chance that it has already attacked or will attack another dog; hopefully you will find the strength to go after the owner to make sure that this doesn't happen to someone else's beloved dog. I am so sorry for your loss :(

heather r
14th January 2009, 09:05 PM
As a newbie to the site; I would like to express my condolences for your loss. I can't imagine the pain that you have had and still have with such a sad ending to your companion

Heather R

mishy
Claire, I can't imagine the pain and shock you must be feeling such a cruel way to lose your beloved Minnie. So sorry for your loss.

Gem
a poem for Minnie:

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around you and whispered “come to me.”
With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working paws at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best

Eliseus
14th January 2009, 10:49 PM
Claire, I'm so sorry this has happened to you! My heart goes out to you!

Thelly
14th January 2009, 11:01 PM
Claire, we are so sorry for the loss of Minnie. Thinking of you at this very difficult time.

Brenda in SC
14th January 2009, 11:11 PM
Such a nightmare - you're in my prayers.

Phoebe
14th January 2009, 11:35 PM
How utterly tragic. I am so sorry for the loss of your little one.

ilsamom
15th January 2009, 12:16 AM
I am so sorry, Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Jen

vikki
15th January 2009, 02:03 AM
Claire hugs for you and your family. what a horrible thing to happen

cricky19
15th January 2009, 02:50 AM
I am so sorry. I was in shock when I read this and you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Cav Daddy
15th January 2009, 03:19 AM
My deepest prayers are with you, I am so sorry.

avejo
15th January 2009, 04:13 AM
How awful, shocking, and unfair. I'm so sorry to have read your news and am thinking of you and your family.

hbmama
15th January 2009, 05:06 AM
Oh Claire, I just logged on and saw your post. How devastating!:( I am heartsick for you over the loss of your precious little Minnie. Our hearts and prayers are with you. :hug:

rhiannasmom
15th January 2009, 05:26 AM
I can't imagine going through such a horrific experience... I hope you have the love and support of family and friends to help you through this and handle the heart wrenching ordeal of contacting the owner of the other dog. My heart goes out to you.
Melissa

SuzRN
15th January 2009, 06:41 AM
My heart breaks for and with you. Take care.

Dublin
15th January 2009, 08:54 AM
OMG thats awfull, I cant imagine what you're going through. I'm just so sorry.

:hug:

Limerick Lady
15th January 2009, 10:20 AM
Claire, am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is a heart wrenching time.:hug:

Marie

coconut
15th January 2009, 11:43 AM
Claire i am so sorry for your loss. i know that u truly loved minnie and u had given her the life she deserved when she came to you!!! i hope that cara helps you with ur loss. i will be thinking about ye and praying!

DeeDee
15th January 2009, 11:52 AM
Claire,I am so sorry for your loss. Your heartbreak must be unimaginable.

DeeDee

merlinsmum
15th January 2009, 12:56 PM
I'm totally shocked at such a tragedy. Take care Claire and hubby - please five Cara an extra special hug from me and the boys.

Thinking of you all at such a sad time:paw:

qwickkertje
15th January 2009, 01:02 PM
Oh my :( I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I just don't know what else to say.. Can't imagine how you must be feeling..
Please hug Cara from all of us.. We will be thinking of you all!

Sandrac
15th January 2009, 01:09 PM
Claire what a terrible terrible tragedy, any dog owners worst nightmare. I cannot imagine how you must be feeling.

Poor Minnie Moo such a sweetie, and dearly loved during her life with you.

There are no words that are of comfort to you right now, but you are in everybodys thoughts and prayers.

Sending you a big :hug::hug:.

kimy27
15th January 2009, 02:15 PM
Oh my God. This is terrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

annie121
15th January 2009, 03:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

cb2u
15th January 2009, 05:54 PM
What a sudden shocking horrifying thing to happen. I can't imagine the heartbreak, and like everyone else, don't even know what to say. I feel terrible for you, your family, and Minnie. In one instant, everything changes... it's terrifying.

I pray that time will somehow smooth the hurt, and that eventually the memories of your beloved Minnie will bring a smile to your face.

Justine
15th January 2009, 07:45 PM
Awww,sooo sorry.I hope you all feel better soon.Jus

ourempire
15th January 2009, 08:00 PM
Dear Claire.
It is so awful for you, and I pray that you and your family find the strength to get through this horrible, horrible time.
:hug:
Charlotte

BostonGirl
15th January 2009, 08:08 PM
I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I am deeply sorry to hear this and can't believe something so awful could happy to such a sweet little dog. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

pcfarrar
15th January 2009, 08:51 PM
Terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the owner of the GS can be brought to justice and suggest you contact the police as soon as possible.

cecily
15th January 2009, 09:32 PM
Oh Claire, my heart just stopped when I saw this post. I am so so so sorry. :( :( :(
I know just how much minnie meant to you, especially after losing your precious Rudee. You did so much for her over the past 2 years. She was a fabulous little girl, and that is an utterly devastating way to lose her.

She and Rudee are running free at the bridge :flwr:

Big hugs to you, Cara & your husband xxx

Mom of Jato
15th January 2009, 09:58 PM
Oh my gosh, what a horrible shock! I am so sorry you lost your little Minnie. :( Please take care, and know we are all here to lean on.

TKC
15th January 2009, 11:34 PM
Claire,

I am just so sad and shocked. Sitting here with a big lump in my throat.

I am so so sad but so angry also. I can't say what I think should happen to the owner. JAIL to start with. We have an excellent solicitor who will help you make the GS owner pay. Not thast it will help but at least you can save another little dog or dogs and hit the owner where it hurts FINES and CASH.. that may be all they understand.

You gave Minnie such a wonderful life but that won't help you now I know. You must be in agony. Try to be strong for everyone else who needs you. Try to eat even if you don't feel like it and just rest and take your time.

Thinking of you and hoping you feel even a little better soon.

xxx

Cathy Moon
16th January 2009, 01:11 AM
Dear Claire, I'm praying that God will give you strength today and every day, to clear your mind and give you relief to help you let go of the pain. I'm praying that you will realize how much Love surrounds you, and that you will care for yourself as much as we all care for you. Sending lots of love and hugs to you across the water. :hug:

Cathy T
16th January 2009, 03:41 AM
Claire, I do hope you are feeling our love. I can't stop thinking about you and hoping you are okay. Reading through these posts shows how much we all care so much for you and Cara and how much we all loved your little Minnie. I hope you are able to take some comfort in the fact that you are not along, we are all in sadness with you.

PamH
16th January 2009, 03:41 AM
Dear Claire, I don't post that often on this site. But I just had to let you know how this post brought tears to my eyes. I can just imagine how I would feel if it had been Maddy.
We both send you our hugs and good thoughts.
Pam and Maddy

Laura&Lia
16th January 2009, 05:59 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Claire, my heart breaks for you.
You are in my thoughts

pippa
16th January 2009, 08:53 AM
Claire, Just wanted to let you know I am still thinking of you and Cara.

I hope all the posts here give you some comfort during this terrible time xx

qwickkertje
16th January 2009, 09:02 AM
Claire we're still thinking about you as well.. I even made a post about it in my blog cause I was devastated and I think people need to know the dangers...
Hope you don't mind..
http://www.q-cavaliers.com/blog/?p=152
Let me know if you want me to change anything in it cause I will do that..

brid kenny
16th January 2009, 10:17 AM
yes me too. I have been thinking about you all so much these last few days and can't begin to imagine the horror of what happened to you.
I hope you are minding yourself now.

Claire L
16th January 2009, 11:37 AM
This is Derry, ClaireL’s hubby. We wish to sincerely thank the many board members who have responded to her thread – your words will greatly aid her in the difficult healing process.
The offending dog has been identified and has been destroyed .Claire has instituted criminal proceedings against the owner. There are, apparently, other restricted breed dogs in the house and he wish to ensure no other innocent dog-owner suffers a similar fate in the futureClaire has read all the replies and is grateful. I hope you will understand if she feels unable to personally acknowledge each one.

Dublin
16th January 2009, 11:46 AM
Clare & Derry,

I'm pleased to hear that you are going after the owner of the dog, they need to know there are consiquenses of letting a dog do that & if they have other restricted breeds they need to be shown how to control them in a public place or have them removed from their 'care'.

I know you will but let us know how the case goes, I know it will never bring your precious Minnie back to you but it may help to know that you have some justice for her memory.

Sending you many healing thoughts at this very difficult time

xxxxxxxx:hug:

sins
16th January 2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for posting Derry.
I hope Claire is beginning to come throught his ordeal.Hopefully she herself hasn't been physically injured.It's important that she continue to see this through oficial channels as it will possibly prevent another dog or possibly a child from suffering the same outcome.
We'll all be here when she feels ready to come back.
Sins

Shelli
16th January 2009, 12:05 PM
Derry, thanks for the update, I know this must be a very diffcult time for you both. At least that dog cannot harm another poor innocent, although I know that it wont make losing Minnie any easier.
Take care. Keep your precious Cara close for comfort.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.

:hug::hug::hug:

merlinsmum
16th January 2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks you for the update Derry, just to let you know we are still thinking of you all:paw:

amanda L
16th January 2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, thinking of you and little Cara a lot over the past few days, and I just can't begin to imagine the agony. Take good care of yourself and cuddles for Cara:flwr:

Cleo's Person
16th January 2009, 01:49 PM
OMG goodness. I have just read the entire thread and Claire and Derry my heart goes out to you both. I know from reading Claire's posts how much you absolutely adore both of your gorgeous cavs. I've followed Minnie's journey with you, and you gave her such a wonderful life. You helped her to find herself again and to cease to be so frightened. I'm sure that meant to world to her.

I'm so sorry to hear that she is gone, particularly given the manner of her passing. You must both be devastated. I have no words to express how deeply sorry I am for your loss.

My thoughts are with you both, and with Cara of course. I hope Cara is doing ok. Le gach dea ghui,
Tanya

Cav Daddy
16th January 2009, 03:34 PM
Dear Claire and Denny,

Personally, I am still sick in my stomach over hearing about your poor baby - in addition, it has created some fear for myself and Princi. About a week ago, I was walking Princi on the circle across from my house about 10:00 pm. Suddenly, a neighbors large lab/collie dog was let out for a "pee" and came bolting at us with an angry bark - I am fairly stong and big and turned my head and yelled at himi, just enough to stop him in his tracks. The owner came over (slowly - which pissed me off) and the dog came back to him. The owner came over and asked if we were okay, I was afraid for us - but we were thankfully ok. I asked about his dog, and he said the dog has no friends and dislikes other dogs, especially small dogs - at that point I calmly but pointedly warned him of the consequences of his actions, letting his dog run out unattended. I did not call the police, however after reading your sad story, I am going to call immediately if I see him off leash again. That is the best we can all do as owners.

About 7 years ago, sitting with my cat in the yard, a German Shepherd that was loose came into my yard to attack my cat and I picked him up, but the dog bit me and hospitalized me (the cat came out fine).

These lessons as a whole, make me very angry now, however now I know I need to take action and stop protecting these owners and dogs.

I am so very sorry, I don't know what to say except God Bless you all.

anniespeeps
16th January 2009, 03:56 PM
Just saw this thread. We are so sorry for your loss. Annie and her people send lots of hugs and condolences. :hug:

Cathy T
16th January 2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for checking in with us Derry. Glad to know you all are going to pursue this. Please give Claire a big comforting hug and let her know we all are concerned for her.

Aileen
16th January 2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for checking in with us Derry. Glad to know you all are going to pursue this. Please give Claire a big comforting hug and let her know we all are concerned for her.
Me too
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

*Pauline*
16th January 2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks Derry for writing. My continued thought are with you both. Please give Claire a cuddle from me. :hug:

Donna27
16th January 2009, 05:06 PM
Claire and Derry,

I am in such shock catching up on these posts. What an absolutely horrific thing to have happen. I'm so so sorry for your loss, and will keep you, Derry, Cara, and Minnie in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself during this difficult healing time. Hugs to all of you :(

mounie
16th January 2009, 06:03 PM
I am deeply sorry for you all , my condolences , our thoughts are with you

pippa
16th January 2009, 06:31 PM
Derry, Thankyou for the update, my thoughts are with you,Claire and Cara at this time.

Zippy
16th January 2009, 07:05 PM
Claire and Derry,

I've just read your terrible news, am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved Minnie Moo.

Please take care of yourselves and cuddles to Cara.

Glad that you're going after the owner and that the GS has been put down.

Hugs to you both...:hug:

Mossie
16th January 2009, 07:08 PM
I look at this site often but rarely post but I remember your beloved Rudi and am just so, so sorry to read about Minnie. You gave her such a good life and it is so tragic she has been taken from you in this way.
Please know that you and Derry are very much in our thoughts tonight.

cecily
16th January 2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the update Derry. Love to Claire and Cara. I'm so delighted the owner is identified and will be made to pay. This incident is very close to home for us all here, and although I can't imagine the devastation I think we can all empathise somewhat and we're here for the three of you if and when you need us :flwr:

bennymum
16th January 2009, 09:44 PM
OH claire I am so sorry. This is devastating news. It so hard dealing with the death of a dog but this is so much worse. Our dog benjy got attacked by a GS last year. We had to take him to the vet but he is OK now. When I take him to the park I always take a stick and I can tell you I used it that day and I must say it saved his life because the owner of the GS was useless. He just stood there and let me deal with the whole situation and then just walked away without even saying sorry.

murphy's mum
16th January 2009, 10:22 PM
Words can't express how sorry I am. We're thinking of you at this difficult time:flwr:

Marilyn
17th January 2009, 02:32 AM
I've been gone and upon returning have read your devastating news. I am so sorry and am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

coconut
17th January 2009, 11:47 AM
thanks for the update derry my thoughts are with ye at this time!

Jan Bell
17th January 2009, 12:00 PM
Claire and Derry,

Thank you for letting us know the current situation. I am so sorry that you have had to go through this, I can't imagine what a terrible experience it must have been.

I applaud you for taking further action to prevent a similar incident at this difficult time.

Thinking of you,

Giniand Bailey
17th January 2009, 08:29 PM
Claire i am so so very sorry to hear your news, i did get a message on facebook and replied back to Kirsty to ask her to pass on my thoughts and prayers to you...like everyone else i really don't know what to say or what will confort you...it brought tears to me to hear your sad news...take care sweetie x

qwickkertje
18th January 2009, 08:16 AM
Claire and Derry
Thank you for the update.. I've been thinking about you a lot the last couple of days.. I really hope that something is done to this owner and I really hope he'll get punished.. Take care all of you dare and give Cara an extra hug.. She'll probably miss her little sister as well :(

Lots of hugs from all of us!

Spencer'sMom
18th January 2009, 01:34 PM
Claire and Derry I'm so sorry for your loss and am heartbroken for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Izzycam
21st January 2009, 12:48 AM
very sorry to hear about your loss....heartbreaking.

rajacadoo
21st January 2009, 06:35 AM
Claire,

Im so sorry about your loss :hug:, it's great you are taking further action to make sure it doesn't happen to you or anyone else.

Rajacadoo *hugs*

TriTitch
22nd January 2009, 01:51 AM
What can I say that hasent already been said.
Ill always remember the picture I saw last hallow`een of both your lovely doggies dressed up in their superb outfits - obviously very well loved,cared for and adored to say the least - so upsetting :(

Izzycam
25th January 2009, 02:44 PM
Claire and Derry, hope your doing ok, so sorry for your loss.

mellyjr
8th March 2009, 05:42 AM
I am so sorry that you have lost your Minnie. You will be in my prayers.

harrysmum
8th March 2009, 09:32 AM
This is just so heartbreaking, i cannot imagine how to cope with such a trauma. Our beautiful gentle dogs do not deserve this. Sending you all much love xx

Ciren
8th March 2009, 03:42 PM
:( :hug:

Abby2
8th March 2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, Claire, I am so very very sorry. I lost my boy Tyler last year in a similar attack, so I truly understand the shock and trauma in addition to the grief. I spent days and days thinking of all the what if's (what if we just hadn't gone out that day, what if we'd turned the other way, what if we'd been five minutes later, on and on) and being unable to function, and I'm sure you're going through the same.

You have my deepest sympathy and sorrow for your loss.

mlhirsch
9th March 2009, 05:45 PM
This really broke my heart. I am so sorry that this has happened to your family! My thoughts are with you!
Megan