• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Resignations of key CKCS Club members/Margaret BACK as health rep!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing. What does it say about the club's supposed dedication to health that not a single member cared to stand for the position Margaret was forced out of?

And that these senior people are more concerned about their petty club politics than moving forward especially as THEIR OWN MEMBERS so clearly either quietly supported Margaret (beyond the little public show of their SGM, which so backfired with the general public and likely, broader club membership) or have abdicated any interest or responsibility towards making health a club-supported issue.

Some true colours have emerged here too, I think, in this post to the club website:

RESIGNATION ANNOUNCEMENT

The Electoral Reform Society yesterday notified our Secretary that it had received only one nomination for the 2009 Committee Elections. That Nominee is Mrs Margaret Carter. There being only one nomination, a ballot of the membership will not be required and, in accordance with the Rules, Mrs Carter will rejoin the Committee at the next Annual General Meeting (AGM).

Mrs Carter will rejoin the Committee having been removed as a committee member at a recent Special General Meeting. I do not wish to continue to serve the club under such circumstances. After much consideration, and with the deepest regret, I have decided to resign the Chairmanship, with effect from the forthcoming AGM.

Our Vice Chairman, Sheena Maclaine, has also resigned for the same reason as myself, with immediate effect. She will, however, continue as Show Manager for the next Championship Show in February. Our Secretary, Annette Jones, has likewise tendered her resignation and this will take effect from the next AGM.

Lesley Jupp
14th December 2009
As the Kennel Club itself clearly stated it felt Margaret had worked hard over many years on behalf of breed health, a goal the KC supported publicly, and given that the KC indicated its own deep concerns that the CKCS Club ever held its SGM and had removed its health rep from her position... one can only imagine that some fresh energy and dedication to breed health rather than just shows will be welcomed. Margaret for Club chair!!

I am also reliably told and have seen the evidence that the breeder of Rollo (Beauella Radsinski), the dog at the centre of Pedigree Dogs Exposed, refused to answer any of the Club's letters sent to her to defend what she did in terms of breeding subsequent litters after his SM diagnosis. As a result, the issue became one of non-compliance and far more serious and had to be forwarded on to the KC itself -- which has ruled that she cannot register puppies from further litters from this dog.

Of course that means other breeders probably could....

Interesting that the breeder never felt she could simply produce his scan and vindicate herself and clear the air for her dog, especially given that she let an eminent neurologist's (Geoff Skerritt's) reputation be maligned over and over by some of her 'friends' who posted incessantly on this topic.

How these people live with themselves is beyond me.

(y) Good news, congratulations Margaret.

So much for all those members who voted her out - one thing to criticise, another thing to take over the job, apparently.

Would say more about the resignations etc, but I think you have said it all already Karlin!

And to show the real face that some of these prominent club committee breeders hide from the rest of the world -- this is what one prominent breeder and (get ready) HEALTH REP for one of the biggest UK regional clubs said about Beauella Radzinski and his breeder last October to other show breeders in a public post on a discussion list little read by anybody except show breeders (many of whom do not agree with such stances of course!):

He is a great representative of the breed, and a very worthy Champion, in fact
without that MRI scan nobody would ever have known he had a mild form of SM. His
breeder did the responsible thing by having her dog MRI scanned at great
cost.... she was following health guidelines to the letter,
This is totally and absolutely incorrect as any breed health Rep should have known (no wonder perhaps that these people did not run for the national club health position then! How can they be so sadly underinformed when this information is widely available).

Setting aside that he definitely did not have a 'mild form of SM' as the woman who was with the breeder at the neurologist when he gave the diagnosis was one who signed a complaint to the national club about the breeder's use of the dog after a SEVERE diagnosis -- this dog, because he was affected and scanned at under age 2.5, would very clearly and unequivocally be an E grade dog under the neurologists breeding guidelines which clearly states for E dogs: DO NOT BREED. In addition, as he was bred repeatedly from age 9 months, way underage for the international MVD protocol, he also fell completely outside the MVD healthy heart guidelines.

So what 'letter' was the breeder following for health guidelines? A big, fat F for failing to follow any at all?

I'm very surprised at the resignations and even more surprised that they published their reasons for doing so.It reflects badly on club as a unit.
It's a pity that they couldn't find some way to work with Margaret, after all, part of any committee or board usually involves working with people with different opinions and often with people you can barely tolerate.
Obviously they've put a lot of hours and hard graft into the committee and could have had much more to offer.
Still, it's no harm to introduce new faces with fresh enthusiasm and perhaps some new ideas,above all solid leadership needs to emerge and quickly.
I'll be happy to see Margaret back as health rep. I love the cavalier breed and they deserve to have someone as strong and dedicated as her in their corner.
I can understand the reluctance to stand against Margaret for this position.Her successor would have had the spotlight of every canine publication and website shining mercilessly on them.(It's a bit like the minister for health:razz:)
Hopefully a number of dedicated breeders will step to up to the plate and put personal differences aside to find a consensus on the way forward.

Never a dull moment :). Congratulations to Margaret and positive thoughts for the uphill battle that's still present.(y)

Regarding Karlin quote in post #4

"He is a great representative of the breed, and a very worthy Champion, in fact
without that MRI scan nobody would ever have known he had a mild form of SM. His
breeder did the responsible thing by having her dog MRI scanned at great
cost.... she was following health guidelines to the letter,"

There is no point in MRI scanning if you don't act on what you find. For the Health Rep to come up with this tripe is shocking. There is only one thing to be gained from this and that should be a crippling bad conscience. I couldn't live with myself if I had bred from a sick dog.

I also feel sorry for Rollo. I wonder when he will get treatment for his SM....

I'll be honest, I'm rather worried for Margaret working in such a hostile environment. :flwr:

Last edited:
There is no point in MRI scanning if you don't act on what you find. For the Health Rep to come up with this tripe is shocking. There is only one thing to be gained from this and that should be a crippling bad conscience. I couldn't live with myself if I had bred from a sick dog.

Well said Pauline

I also feel sorry for Rollo. I wonder when he will get treatment for his SM....

Also a very good point. In amongst all the denial you have to wonder .........
I'll be honest, I'm rather worried for Margaret working in such a hostile environment. :flwr:

Maybe with the resignations the environment will be better and mean the club can move forward? :xfngr:

Some are posting on the Dog World comments that the reinstatement of Margaret was INTENTIONAL by those who are so against what she did. I'm very confused...something about the KC having to step in now since the club can't operate without a full committee? If anyone has a clue as what may be happening, please fill us in. All I know, is I hope some more decent people step up and take the seats that were just emptied.

Some are posting on the Dog World comments that the reinstatement of Margaret was INTENTIONAL by those who are so against what she did.

Pretty clumsy way of achieving an objective, if you believe it. :rolleyes:

Glad these people aren't running the country.

What can they be hoping the KC is going to do? Talk about politics! Whether its intended or not they are grinding the Club into the ground and how sad for the CKCS. Oh, Margaret, I think this is going to be tough.

As it will probably be deleted, this is what I said on Dog world.

"Margaret Carter did not breed my Cavalier but when she heard about my Dylan showing signs of SM and that we were going to the RVC for an MRI, she offered to come with us. Margaret sat with me in the waiting room, she came in with me and helped talk things through with the neurologist and asked questions I would not have thought of. Margaret came the following day when we got the results and comforted me when I cried over the results. It did not end there and Margaret continues to be supportive. Might I add, I had not met Margaret before Dylan's MRI. How many people would put themselves out like this. I am not the only one she has helped in the same way. I would say she is one of the kindest people I know."

Not sure if I can cross-post this, but here is what I'm referring to (and this poster is notorious for internet-smacking MC, Jemima, and all others involved in PDE.)

>>why didn't anyone else want to be nominated and only Margaret Carter was nominated?>> To get action Quincy. We knew Club Officers would resign if Carter was reinstated, and we also know that will force KC intervention because Clubs are not allowed to continue business without a full quorum. We're elated, although sad to see some very respected Officers leave their position, but it's worth it, you just wait and see.

Not sure what to believe...

Well fxxx me! Its not often i'm speechless. As of 7.30pm I read that Margaret has declined to be on the cttee:( but 'they' are awaitiing confirmation.

Margaret you have my full support either way - its all down to you now.

Diane

I very much doubt that it's the case.According to the resignation announcement the chair and secretary are remaining until the AGM.Only the vice chair is resigning with immediate effect but is staying on as show manager for the February show.
If the committee officers resigned as part of an intricate orchestrated plot to force the Kennel club to intervene,freeze bank accounts and remove CCs then why on earth would the vice chair be giving a committment to organise a major show???? You can't run a show with a frozen bank account or without CCs to award.
The circumstances under which the officers are resigning seems straightforward.In the absence of an alternative candidate there will be no ballot for the position of rep on the committee.Therefore Margaret returns.
Perhaps the existing officers on a "point of principle" find it impossible to work with her when they presided over her expulsion from the committee so very recently.
I hope this does not indirectly put pressure on Margaret to step back form taking up her role again.Please hold tough Margaret, you have the
respect and admiration of so many.
As for reports of the elaborate plot? nah, I don't think so.

Back