• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update--Charlie's feeling better!!!

caayenne

Hi everyone! Sorry we haven't given an update in a few days, but I've been overwhelmed with life and kids. But Charlie is feeling much better!! He's been taking the Prednisone for only a few days, and it's been like a miracle! He can walk pretty well (albeit slowly), his eyes look healthy, and he wags his tail a lot! He can't play or run around yet, but we can tell that he's happy. And his appetite is back in full force...he wolfs down his food and looks for more! His doctor is cautiously optimistic...these are wonderful signs of course, but it's still early days. He will have to be on this high dose of steroids for at least 3-4 weeks before we can even think about reducing the dose, so we're a long way from remission, but it's still wonderful to see him responding so well. I feel pretty confident in the diagnosis of autoimmune disease and we're thrilled with the care he's received from the DVRC.

Thanks so much to everyone here for your generosity and support. It helped tremendously to know that there were so many people pulling for Charlie. I'm so glad that I found this board....all of your advice was so sound and just what we needed to hear. It compelled me to find the DVRC in the first place, and I shudder to think how long it would have taken to get this diagnosis without that push in the right direction.

I've been browsing around this site for the last few weeks as we dealt with all of this, and this seems like an amazing group of people! I hope to stay around here and get to know everyone (and their dogs!) better. If I can figure out our new digital camera, I'll post some current pictures soon. (My avatar photo is the only one we had stored on our computer, as we have only had a film camera before this). We'll keep you all updated!

Thanks so much!
Andrea

Last edited:
This is excellent news Andrea and it's a real joy to see a serious situation turning around.Hopefully Charlie will go on to make a full recovery. A good vet is worth his or her weight in gold!
Sins

Great to hear such good news..best wishes for futher recovery for Charlie.

Glad you're staying around!

I'm so glad to hear he's improved so much. :rah:

It's such a good feeling to know we all helped you get through this challenge! :flwr: I'm looking forward to getting to know you and seeing more photos of Charlie and his family!

That is the best news ever Andrea!!! I think about Charlie every day....so wonderful to hear he's doing so well. As was said before, now that you have a diagnosis, it's something that can be dealt with. Hooray!!

Your little dog's plight touched so many people's heart.
It is wonderful to know he is beginning to enjoy life again.

Margaret C

I've been following your posts on Charlie and I am so glad that he is improving and feeling so much better :). I am so looking forward to his pictures and news.

Thank goodness! I've been checking the thread every day with hopes to hear that Charlie was improving. That must have been so scary for you!

That is absolutely a relief to hear. I have had you all in my thoughts. Agonizing over whether your dog has any quality of life is a heavy weight to bear. To hear Charlie is on his way back to embracing life is a great thing. Do post photos when you can! Photobucket is very user-friendly for posting photos since you have to upload the photos to a website to be able to put them in your posts on this board.

I'll be praying for a full remission for the little guy.

Great to hear that hes feeling so much better now.:jump:
Hope to see pics of him soon.

Best wishes
Diane xxx

By far the best news I've heard all day! Let's hope he goes Charlie goes from strength to strength..

Back