• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best Treat's for My Pup!

Joshua

My puppy Joshie is now 7 months old and I wondered what I should give as great training treats.

We've tried the Wellness soft treats, both for pups and the normal soft square meaty treats. These work well with training.

I recently bought some harder chicken jerky, pure chicken with no yucky stuff, but I thought I read that these aren't good for our cavaliers?

I have a few cookie treats, but Joshie doesn't adore them all that much. And since 8 weeks, we've successfully treated Joshie with kibble as a reward each time he uses the potty outside.

He also daily snacks along with me when I have an apple or banana with a smidgen of peanut butter.

He's not giving me signals that 'kibble' just ain't gonna cut it as a reward for using the potty outside, so I thought I'd throw it out to the experts!!!

Ilsa always loves the freeze dried liver treats! And she is a very choosy girl.
Worth a shot!

Jen and Ilsa

Of all the treats I have given my dogs, their 2 hands down favorites are:
  • VitaKraft Yogurt drops
  • Cheese Please

Treats!

Thanks for the ideas. I bought some pretty pricey freeze dried liver treats that I had not yet tried, but will now. I'll also go get some of the yogurt and cheese please...love giving a variety to keep my pup motivated and happy!

How great to find a place to get support!!

Any of the Newman's Own Organic dog treats are great, or the Nutro treats.

I would avoid anything made in China, personally.

I cannot afford most of the pricey treats, but Amber really likes alot of veggies... sugar snap peas, bell pepper, steamed carrots, and fresh green beans. I just try not to feed too many fresh vegetables at one time, since it can be harder for them to digest. Lightly steaming them helps, though.
Nature's Recipe has some venicen jerkey treats that she really loves... I break the squares into smaller pieces to make them last longer. They're made without wheat or corn and the ingredient list doesn't have any yucky stuff in it. They get my approval!

Melissa

Back