• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Potty training all over!

Joshua

I've successfully survived a week of having to leave my 7 month old pup at a doggy daycare for a week as we journeyed with my entire family clan for holiday (trip planned prior to our new pup).

Couple questions for the experts:
Joshie got accustomed to playing and peeing 'anytime and anywhere' at the indoor doggy daycare, and thus we got back a pup that seems to have forgotten that we use the potty outside.

Also, Joshie still doesn't lift a leg to pee, thus most often pee's up his front legs -- followed by often times stepping in the puddle...I am enjoying the feathering that is finally growing in on his legs, but to have them pee'd on all day long is something I'd love some advise on!

Just to set this up, I am a reformed germaphobe of 45 years. I am now over this problem after dealing with potty training a 8 week old pup (my first). I am wonderfully healed of germs, pee, poo, --- Just would love not to have to smell pee on my sweet pup all the time.

Love the pup?!!!! More than ever :lotsaluv: -- regardless of having to retrain -- little pee is fine I guess if there is but no other choice!!!

Advise is welcome!

Ollie is 9 months old and only started lifting his leg to pee two weeks ago. Before this he would wee all over his front paws and occassionally would walk through the puddle :rolleyes:
I just bring him in and wash down his paws with a damp cloth, this stops him smelling of wee ;)
If Joshie is anything like Ollie, he will still pee on his paws when he lifts his leg :rolleyes:

Well, i think you have to start all over again with the training. It will probably only take him a week or so to get back on track.

As for the peeing all over himself...I have found that is completely elimated if you let his "weenie hair" grow long. My sister-in-law thinks it's disgusting that I don't trim it, but it really points the pee down instead of out! I'd rather have weenie hair I could braid instead of having to clean pee off his legs 5 times a day! :eek:

Also, at 7 months he's really young to be considered housetrained, in my opinion. He'll probably have accidents until he's a year and maybe longer.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Braiding it is - :D

No more hygenic grooming for Joshie's weeny...at least I'm cured of my germaphobia and smellaphobia...Love My Josh!

I love that I'm amongst other's who adore their cavie's!!!
Thanks from sunny, HOT, SoCAL!

Back