• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

E-Collar Rejected

Charleen

Merry had a tumor removed that was growing in the corner of her right eye. She is supposed to wear the e-collar for 5 days. Unfortunately, we didn't even make 18 hours before she figured out how to get it off.
Here she is this morning.

3197335269_cc29a4e5e3.jpg

She turned her collar into a crown. :)

The vet tech said we can't let her rub her eye because it will rupture her sutures. So I am watching her closely, but so far she hasn't been inclined to rub, now that the darn collar is off!

P.S. I get the test results back next week, but I am told that almost always these types of tumors are benign.

Last edited:
Only a Cav could turn a collar into a crown lol! I hope she continues not to rub and that the news is good.

Hope Merry gets well soon and does`nt start rubbing, my cav had to wear a collar once and would`nt even move in it and just sat rigid in a chair, we had to take it off in the end as we felt so sorry for him, luckily it was only put on to stop him biting his leg, so we just had to keep a really close eye on him.

:eek: They do hate their collars dont they !
I hope Her Highness Merry will be fine and will recover quickly :)

Forgive me, but I couldnt help bursting out laughing at this pic. Trust a Cavvie to turn an e collar into the latest must have fashion accessory. :)To give her her due, I have to agree it does look so much more attractive this way. :xfngr: she doesnt rub her eye now, I suspect you might have your work cut out there.

Best wishes

Great news: The test results came back this morning and the tumor is benign. Also she still isn't rubbing or scratching her eye, so things are all good. (y)

Back