• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Soft stool -? why

lesjoanne

Hi,
Our two boys have had recent soft stools - not diarrhoea and no blood. We have had to change their food about 2 weeks ago, and unfortunately had to do it suddenly as there is a packaging problem with the one we were using (natures menu in UK). Our eldest - Tanner - was sick this am - no food content - more watery really, and then had the most horrendous gurgling noises. We have fed them both chicken and rice this evening to see if that helps - should we do this over a few days, and then slowly introduce their food again? Any advice /tips welcomed.

I'll tell you what I am doing as Dylan has had an upset tummy this week off an on. I fasted him yesterday morning and gave him boiled chicken and rice last night, this morning and this evening. Since the fast he hasn't done a poo but this is usual for him when I fast him. I'm going to keep him on the rice and chicken until I see a firm poo then introduce his normal food mixed with rice and reduce the rice gradually. He is fine in himself though.

I would be more concerned that there is vomiting with your boys though.

I still recommend Chappie tinned food for any dog with a sensitive tummy.

I experienced a similiar issue when I switched food on Princi, it converted me to making all her meals myself. I bake chicken, brown rice, with carrots in a french cooking pot once a week and then add 2 1/4 cups of kibble to each serving (for vitamins). All her treats are healthy also, carrots or treats with good vit/mineral content.

I think for the extra work, it paid off - her stools are very healthy.

Giles cant eat anything but Royal Canin Sensitivity food. Anything other than that, its projectile!:D

We constantly have this problem with our little one. She just finished a course of antibiotics and it's started again. We think it's just a case of finding the right food, but we're going back to the vet tonight, just in case. They have the royal canin sensitivity in stock, so we're going to try that next. Oh the joy of it all!!!

Back