• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So Impressed

Shivers

Im so impressed with how quick the dogs are learning things. Prince has been playing fetch for the past couple of weeks and Belle never has. She wouldnt even look up if we were playing. We have a long living room so can easily play in the house especially when the weather is cold. Just to make sure they get enough exercise and interaction.

Anyway, the past couple of days she has started joining in with him. She seemed to be under the impression that the object of the game is to race to the toy and race back. Tonight she actually caught the toy and brought it back after watching and copying Prince a few times :rah:

So what have your dogs taught each other? :p

They definitely learn from each other. Leo spent nearly a year watching Jaspar swim then one day threw himself into a pond as well and now he is usually the first in. He also learned fetch from Jaspar.

Maybe Roxy will learn to play with toys in time so? Although she seems content watching Ollie doing all the chasing while she relaxes :D

I tried as hard as I could to teach Mindy to fetch. The most I could ever get her to do was to run to the ball - touch it with her nose and run back. Under no circumstances could I get her to pick up the ball. Max is happy to play ball. Mindy watches. Any other toy I must have two of because she wants one too (she's never been much of a player) but not that evil ball lol.

Dottie taught Claire how to use the doggie door, that grass is a good place to roll around on and use for a potty area when nature calls, that toys are fun to play tug of war with, and that cut up raw veggies are yummy!

When Claire first came to us she had no idea how to play, or what grass felt like under her feet, or that veggies were indeed edible. It is amazing how dogs watch and learn from each other. I love having two! :luv:

Back