• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Concerned and worried Please help

LovesCavaliers

Murphy does this whole body shake, like as if he's just come out of the bath, but he does it out on walks. When it was raining I thought it was the raindrops he was shaking off his ears. He wears a little raincoat when its wet, but he did it three times today and it's sunny outside.

He was also stopping to scratch his neck when he had his collar on, out on walks so I've taken the collar off and attached his ID tag to the harness.

Since he didn't scratch his neck at all when I took the collar off I'm hoping that it was just the collar that was irritating his neck. I hope and pray he isn't showing any signs of SM.

His father was tested for that and is clear. I was looking at the info on SM, but found it so distressing that I can't bear to look at any more.

Am I worrying unnecessarily? My other cavvies used to do the body shake when they woke up every morning, but didn't do it out on walks. Could it be the harness?

I would really appreciate your advice, because if I go to the vet, he'll probably suggest an MRI scan.

Thanks
Mary

Now you have me worried. Dixie does the shake too....but I haven't noticed her stopping to scratch during walks. However she will do the body shake.

I don't think there is any need for alarm. I did feel very worried yesterday, but Murphy has been fine without the collar. All scratching has stopped.

I'm not sure what the body shake thing is, maybe it was wearing the coat, or wearing the harness or just something dogs do. Dan and Bailey always did it first thing in the morning.

I guess anyone with a cavalier is going to be on red alert watching for SM.

I really hope all your dogs will stay in good health and sorry if I worried anyone.

Mary

Back