• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Uk club goes begging for PR funds from other national clubs

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
From the current Canadian Club newsletter, believe it or not:

Mavis Holub and Norma Moffat read a letter from Veronica Hull, Telvara Cavaliers UK, asking for international help. The Cavalier Club in the UK is working on hiring a PR firm at the cost of 8,000 pounds, to help combat the negative publicity our breed has taken from the video, Pedigree Dogs Exposed. Discussion followed. Mavis Holub made a motion to recommend to the board, to send 150. Pounds to the UK to help with the cost of the PR, seconded by Norma Moffat. All in favor. A notice will be sent to the board members asking for their approval. One of the suggestions was to hold an on line auction to help raise funds after our initial donation.

:sl*p:

You just could NOT make it up...

PS BTW Veronica has posted elsewhere on one of their private forums (you know, the ones that have tightly policed membrship [supposedly :badgrin:] though they complain I am not 'democratic' by preventing their membership here :rolleyes:) her dismay that you all 'hang on [my] every word' so I am sure you are doing so right now, too... :rotfl:

I can't figure out why they would ask for overseas clubs to donate money when they can afford to turn down membership subscriptions from UK applicants on the basis of who proposed them or what websites they frequent.Seems like they need financial advice as well as PR advice.

Veronica has posted elsewhere on one of their private forums her dismay that you all 'hang on [my] every word'
She has no need to feel jealous, we all hang on her every word too:)

Having been in attendance at the meeting where this funding was proposed, I can respectfully say that you are wrong. The UK Club did not ask or beg, the Canadian Club for money. It was proposed by a Canadian Club member.

I've seen the letter - they did indeed ask for money internationally. Are you saying it wasn't read aloud at the club meeting?

It was read at the meeting however it was NOT a direct letter to the club. They were not begging from the Club.

you all 'hang on [my] every word'

An earlier DW post from a most delightful gentleman originally called us (forum members) "your pups" - how very sweet:jump: The post was subsequently edited for this and other comments.

Gave me a bit of a laugh when I saw it though :razz:.

An earlier DW post from a most delightful gentleman originally called us (forum members) "your pups" - how very sweet:jump: The post was subsequently edited for this and other comments.

Gave me a bit of a laugh when I saw it though :razz:.
Would this be the one that does not like anyone to have a say that does not argee with his
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

She has no need to feel jealous, we all hang on her every word too

:rotfl: :rotfl: Oh so do I, especially on the forums where she thinks I don't ever see her posts! I have a little personal collection of those! :lol:

As for 'begging' -- there is no doubt whatsoever that this is resorting to begging -- to support the insupportable as well.

Having to send out letters asking for support for a PRIVATE initiative to HIRE A PR FIRM because some people in the UK clubs (particularly those sending the letters!) do not seem to see that their own foolish public posts and actions create their problems in the first place! -- is extraordinary.

I am sure though that they will find that sum of £150 will be helpful towards funding their £8000 bill (and remember that will merely be for retaining a firm to deal with a small number of issues -- and, speaking as someone familiar with the industry, not a very good firm either at that price!

Maybe if they got some fresh faces into the committee, who might take some more enlightened approaches to the problems convulsing the club and making it an ongoing laughing-stock, there would be no need for a PR firm in the first place.

I can't wait to see what the initial advice of the PR firm will be though -- if and when they raise that £8000! The club may find that the costly professional advice doesn't differ too much from what they've been hearing for free from the general public (oh, and those of us who work with PR groups all the time and indeed, occasionally have done some PR/communications work professionally too)... :rolleyes:

The club may find that the costly professional advice doesn't differ too much from what they've been hearing for free from the general public

Exactly! Why go begging for funds for PR - when the solutions to the problems are as plain as day?!

Having been in attendance at the meeting where this funding was proposed, I can respectfully say that you are wrong. The UK Club did not ask or beg, the Canadian Club for money. It was proposed by a Canadian Club member.

I'm sure that the UK Club would not have asked for donations for such a purpose. I know that they do not support this idea.

It appears that the Canadian Club has been given misleading information about what is a private initiative by certain prominent regional club officers.

Margaret C

Ok, so if this is a private initiative,perhaps it might be helpful if the CKCS club clarified exactly who and what the fundraising is for .
If you look at their website,they were able to publicise Margaret's SM Cavalier Collection scheme and emphasise that this was an independent initiative.Maybe they need to make a statement and clear up any misunderstandings.

Ok, so if this is a private initiative,perhaps it might be helpful if the CKCS club clarified exactly who and what the fundraising is for .
If you look at their website,they were able to publicise Margaret's SM Cavalier Collection scheme and emphasise that this was an independent initiative.Maybe they need to make a statement and clear up any misunderstandings.

Excellent PR advice, Sins! And the Club can get it for free, without having to pay someone £8000 to tell them the *exact same thing*...

So maybe Veronica Hull will clarify to the various lists whether she has made clear to the clubs and individuals she is going begging to, whether this is a sanctioned, national club 'fund drive' and the entire Committee (those not resigned?) actually feels the club needs this costly PR advice... or whether it is her initiative or a broader private initiative? Has the national club itself said it wants a PR firm? I wonder whether she realises how utterly foolish the fund-raising for this purpose makes the entire UK club appear to the general public and how damaging it appears that they need spin doctors to control their own messages and actions... (well, if they do get that £8000 PR firm, no doubt the firm will tell them this if they are worth their salt, but again, just come to CavalierTalk and get the same advice you will pay for, for FREE! :D ).

Hi

And again it just emphasis's once again the stupidity of rejecting new members just because their views don't agree with the pompous self righteous crowd who are currently taking the club on this suicidal path of we are right and everybody else is in the wrong ,:fool:.So what is the point of a closed shop if they obviously need more funds ,even though as Karlin says if they are going to throw that amount at a decent PR company it will be a total waste ,but the more you read about V H and the rest of her cronies nothing is surprising any more :confused:

Back