PDA

View Full Version : Bully Sticks - great price

Cathy Moon
25th January 2009, 02:12 AM
We recently ordered 200 5-inch bully sticks from bullysticksonline.com. What a great deal - they are only 39 cents apiece and that includes shipping. The doglets love them, and the sticks smell o.k. too! :thmbsup::thmbsup:

hbmama
25th January 2009, 06:53 PM
Wow, great site! Cathy, thanks for the info. I have been spending a fortune on those darned sticks at the Pet Supply. I like to keep them for a very special treat especially when we have our small group Bible studys on Monday nights here in our home. The girls are always so excited to have visitors in and tend to go from chair to chair for attention. We keep the bullys in the freezer, and bring them out to keep them occupied so we can do our study.

This is a HUGE savings over purchasing them one by one. Used paypal, very simple order with confirmation. Can't wait until they arrive. :)

Cathy T
25th January 2009, 07:03 PM
:( Bully sticks aren't allowed in our house anymore because the dogs get entirely too posessive of them. I used to love being able to give them one as a "pacifier" but just can't give them anymore. That's a great price though Cathy!

Cathy Moon
25th January 2009, 08:10 PM
Cathy T, I know how that is - we have to put Geordie in a crate for his bully stick or all heck would break out, but the girls get along ok.

Marianne, we inquired as to how these bully sticks should be stored long term, and they told us room temperature. The sticks are in packages of 4.

I've thrown away a lot of money on bully sticks in the past.:eek: Then we decided to find a better way to buy them and stick with it. Other members had mentioned this website in the past, and I'm grateful to them for the advice!

tara
25th January 2009, 11:44 PM
Thank you so much for this link!!! Holly LOVES bully sticks and I have been spending a fortune buying them individually from pet supply stores. They are her favorite chew, and a very vital part of my life as I also have two children to supervise;) I literally have a bully stick tucked away in every room of our home, but now it won't cost me an arm and a leg to do so!!! I put my order in today:)

hbmama
26th January 2009, 05:35 AM
Fortunately these girls are so laid back and mellow, you could take anything from them and they would just smile and wag. In fact, sometimes they even share their toys and treats back and forth. I am reallllllly thankfull and blessed that there is ZERO food or toy agression between these two.

Cathy, I keep them room temp until they chew on them a bit, then rinse off the chewed area, put in a food safe baggie and freeze until the next time. Is this something I shouldn't be doing?? :confused: They never have them long enough to consume the whole thing and I don't like to waste what is left. I thought this would keep bacteria from forming on the slimey chewed area.

gandp
26th January 2009, 05:23 PM
Great link - thanks so much!

Ragnar loves a good chew before bed after his evening walk and they've only been lasting 2-3 days since he got his adult teeth. Much better than 3-4$ each at the pet store!

gandp
26th January 2009, 05:33 PM
Cathy, I keep them room temp until they chew on them a bit, then rinse off the chewed area, put in a food safe baggie and freeze until the next time. Is this something I shouldn't be doing?? :confused: They never have them long enough to consume the whole thing and I don't like to waste what is left. I thought this would keep bacteria from forming on the slimey chewed area.

I don't do anything like that. Ragnar likes to hide them actually so I've come across them in my shoe, closet, hamper, under the couch cushions etc. They get pretty gross but Ragnar never cares. If he sees me pick one up he's hidden he goes berserk and either settles down for a chew right away or hides it again.

I only throw them out after they get very small, rather than very gross.

nicola
30th January 2009, 12:25 AM
Hi anyone know if you can get bully sticks in Uk?