• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sorry its been so long!

blue_star

Hi Everyone!

Just to let you know that me and Tobes are back!!:dogwlk:

I know its been a while but we have been though the mill a little since Toby's op to remove the cancer of his para-thyroid. Some of you may know that over the August bank holiday last year I spent most of it dashing at Midnight to the vets (about half an hour away) assist the vet to save Toby who had sudden drops in calcium levels after the op (normal side effect but not to that degree), once at the vet I would ofter have to assist the vet in getting Toby cooled and holding his poor little legs and rolls them to get the veins up so the vet could get IV lines in to save his life!! He was kept in for a few days and unfortunately this was while I was away. I felt really guilty for leaving him but I was just soo exhausted from it all (plus a heavy going 6 months prior with losing my job and starting a new one) but I was so lucky with my vet Uncle James who took Toby home for me and let him sleep at the bottom of his bed with his IV line hung on the bed post! WHAT A VET!!!:rah:

Anyway we are now about 4 months down the line and my little boy is a picture of health and has really developed his own little character!! He is going strong and he is now down from 26 calcium tablets a day to just two! I am just so lucky to have him and he has now totally changed from a grumpy old man to a lively OAP who now loves running for a ball and chopping on a chewy stick!

I will get round to posting some new photos tomorrow night! Just wanted to let you know we haven't deserted you all!

Oh and by the way if anyone ever wants to know about hyparathyroidism, and hyper and hypo calcium send them to me as I am pretty read up about it now!!:p

Hugs and Kisses
From
Amy and Tobe :paw:

So glad to hear from you!! I loved reading that Toby is doing so well. What a wonderful story. Looking forward to pictures!!

That's fantastic news - lovely to see you posting again and glad to hear that Toby is doing well :D

When you have time, could you perhaps post in the health section about the symptoms and treatment for this condition? Thank you.

Welcome Back :rah::rah::rah:to you and Toby so pleased that he is better
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Back