PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

lotstolove
26th January 2009, 08:55 AM
My name is Stacie and my family and I live in the Pacific NW, US. I will be bringing home my first Cavalier this coming weekend and I am SO excited!
:jump:
We have a rather large family, (8 children), which includes two dogs, (a 3 yo Golden Retriever who belongs to my 13 yo son, and a 6 yo longhaired mini Dachshund who belongs to my 11 yo daughter). My baby was a Great Dane who passed away two years ago, (old age), and left a gaping hole in my heart. I miss having my own "buddy" and am thrilled to be getting a new baby. My Dane, Moses, is the one who drew me to Cavaliers in the first place.

When Moses was a "little guy", I took him to obedience school. There, he met and fell in love with a sweet little (Blenheim) Cav girl. I had never been around a Cavalier in person and we were both taken by her. Moses would play bow and prance around. It was pretty comical because even at four months he was a pretty big guy and she was so tiny. She had the loveliest personality and what a beauty! I mentally filed "Cavalier" as a great breed.

Moses' death was hard and I miss him still. As wonderful as Danes are, their 7-9 year lifespan is enough to deter me from owning another one. Our current two dogs are wonderful and I love them, but they belong to our children and I miss having my own furry companion.

A year ago I looked around at breed information for a couple of different types, and settled on Cavaliers as the next breed I would like to own. Their joyful, loving heart drew me to them as well as other positive attributes. I found a breeder I was drawn to and waited for the right time.

My new baby is a male Blenheim. He will be 11 weeks when we pick him up. (I am still trying to pick the right name for him.)

I have been reading and reading all I can so that I can provide the best home for him.

I am so glad you all are here. Thank you for your willingness to share your time and knowledge.

Have a wonderful day!
Stacie

*Pauline*
26th January 2009, 10:52 AM
Welcome Stacie. So this means you have one week left to figure out how to post pictures, we love puppy pictures! All the best for the weekend. Let is know what name you finally decide on. I love the name Moses for you Dane.

Brian M
26th January 2009, 11:50 AM
Hi

And most wellcome Stacie ,I am sure you will enjoy your time here and Cavaliers are indeed super little dogs.:)

Mom of Jato
26th January 2009, 06:54 PM
icon_welcome to the forum- you will love all the information you can find here. How exciting for you to be bringing home a new Cavalier baby this weekend!!! :rah: He will steal your heart for sure- the boys are totally in LOVE with you, and will follow you all around the house. Please post pictures when you get a chance, and let us know what name you decide.

LovesCavaliers
26th January 2009, 08:06 PM
Welcome Stacie,

Your puppy will steal your heart and bring you more joy than you can know. Looking forward to hearing all about him.

Mary

heather r
26th January 2009, 09:00 PM
Hi and Welcome Stacie!

We also have an almost 3 yr. old golden and our cavalier is now not quite 7 months. We got her when she was about 10 1/2 weeks old.

You will enjoy your cavie as will your children and other pets.

Heather R

Jpup
2nd February 2009, 09:05 PM
icon_welcome