PDA

View Full Version : Good news at the vets

*Pauline*
27th January 2009, 01:43 PM
As I am always the bearer of bad news I thought I'd post some good news for a change!

Dylan had his jabs today (just the triple, having lepto and kennel cough next week) and a tear test. The tear test came back perfect, in fact, it shot up to 14 in 30 seconds and it's a minute test. 14 is what we wanted, it went a bit higher. :rah: So I'm taking Margaret's advice and cleaning eyes after every walk.

We met a nice B&T in the park afterwards. On a previuos occation, I met the owners of the B&T's sister :thmbsup:with her 13 year old ruby so that was nice. Dylan was so tired when we got home, he curled up to sleep in the bath when I wanted to wash his paws but he's demanding a game of fetch right now so I better go!!!

Oh, I nearly forgot, the vet said his heart sounds very good. :D:D:D

leesanlucie
27th January 2009, 01:58 PM
GREAT NEWS Pauline....for both u and Dylan.:jump:
Glad there is nothing going on with Dylans eyes and fab news that his heart sounds good.
Lets hope it continues.x

Evelyn
27th January 2009, 02:37 PM
Yes good news cheers us all up. So glad Dylan can get back to enjoying his walks with his problem solved. Hope his improved health continues.He sounds on top form.

Jan Bell
27th January 2009, 02:38 PM
:rah: Great news Pauline - about time something went right for you. Dry eye isn't the end of the world, but with all the other things it would be just one more that you could do without.

Enjoy your game with Dylan :dogwlk:

Sandrac
27th January 2009, 04:55 PM
Pauline, that is good news. :rah:

I notice sometimes when Minnie gets back from walks, especially when its cold, her eyes are very runny and are mucky the next day. I just wash them round with saline solution (what you get for contact lenses) and that seems to sort them out.

linderbelle
27th January 2009, 05:16 PM
EXCELLENT NEWS!!! Glad for you. My shih tzu has dry eyes and is on meds for the rest of his life so glad you don't have to deal with that.

Shelli
27th January 2009, 05:22 PM
Great news Pauline :jump:

Sunna
27th January 2009, 06:24 PM
I'm so happy for you!:lotsaluv:

Cleo's Person
27th January 2009, 06:27 PM
Pauline I'm so glad to hear the good news. Hope you both have a wonderful evening.

Marilyn
27th January 2009, 06:55 PM
After everything you two have been through, you were certainly due some good news. Very pleased for you BOTH.

*Pauline*
27th January 2009, 07:00 PM
Awww thanks everyone. It's nice to know you understand how pleased I am. We have been waiting since October to get the vaccines done as he has had one problem after another.

ice-cavi
27th January 2009, 07:09 PM
Lovely,you two deserve some good news ...:thmbsup:

Jasperxxgabby
27th January 2009, 08:11 PM
Brilliant news Pauline :rah:.
Jaspers eyes are always clean, but just recently his eyes have been a little runny and mucky, I guess it is to do with this cold winter we are having.

:hug:to you and your apple dumpling :D.

pippa
27th January 2009, 09:47 PM
Awww that's great news Pauline....give Dylan a hug from me.

chopsuey 47
27th January 2009, 10:01 PM
Great news for you and Dylan. So pleased for you.

Sue xx

Brian M
27th January 2009, 10:12 PM
Hi

Well done Dylan plus Pauline as well ,you take very good care of yourself Dylan cos you ar a very special little
Cavalier.:):)

brotymo
28th January 2009, 02:35 AM
That is wonderful news, Pauline!

I was curious, though about the lepto shot he is getting. Does your vet recommend this one? Our vet does not even give lepto to many breeds including any toy breeds due to the high risk of bad reactions. You would have to actually request it.
Our breeder said "absolutely no lepto or coronavirus" vaccine as well.
I guess it depends on the risks where you are, but I wondered what your vet's recommendations for vaccines was.

*Pauline*
28th January 2009, 11:26 AM
I was curious, though about the lepto shot he is getting. Does your vet recommend this one? Our vet does not even give lepto to many breeds including any toy breeds due to the high risk of bad reactions. You would have to actually request it.
Our breeder said "absolutely no lepto or coronavirus" vaccine as well.
I guess it depends on the risks where you are, but I wondered what your vet's recommendations for vaccines was.

It's standard here, he has the lepto shot every year. I didn't know of any reactions, he's always been fine. As for coronavirus, without looking it up, that's kennel cough isn't it? We have a boarding kennel in the next road to us and kennel cough is an airborne virus. I don't want to take the risk with that one. :thmbsup:

Sabby
28th January 2009, 11:49 AM
It's nice to hear some good news from you and Dylan.

brotymo
28th January 2009, 02:32 PM
Coronavirus isn't kennel cough. That is bordetella. The kennel cough shot is short-lived which is why most boarding places want you to have had the shot in the previous 6 months.
Coronavirus is something else.

*Pauline*
28th January 2009, 03:42 PM
Coronavirus isn't kennel cough. That is bordetella. The kennel cough shot is short-lived which is why most boarding places want you to have had the shot in the previous 6 months.
Coronavirus is something else.

I remember speaking to someone about Coronavirus but I can't for the life of me remember what was said, I think it's the SARS virus. Dylan isn't vaccinated against this he is vaccinated against parvovirus, hepatitis and distemper lepto and kennel cough.

Dublin
28th January 2009, 03:55 PM
Great news for you both!!:jump: