PDA

View Full Version : Cassie given her wings

HollyDolly
30th January 2009, 10:18 PM
Our darling little cassie was PTS this afternoon, she was having problems wth her breathing and as we thought the vet could do no more.
She was wonderful companion and at 15 was a grand old lady.
Life in our household will never be the same.

Nanette

Mom of Jato
30th January 2009, 10:23 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

chopsuey 47
30th January 2009, 10:24 PM
I am sure you must feel very very sad. What a fantastic age for a Cavalier. You were very brave to give her her wings. Look after yourself and cherish all your memories.

Sue

leesanlucie
30th January 2009, 10:27 PM
Am so sorry.
RIP Cassie :(

Jasperxxgabby
30th January 2009, 10:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Cassie, I can only imagine how you are feeling.

Wow, 15 years old. I hope that in time you will be able to look back with happiness of your wonderful memories of Cassie. :hug:to you and your family. :flwr::flwr::flwr:. RIP Cassie, a special cavalier.

*Pauline*
30th January 2009, 10:42 PM
Oh Nanette, I'm so very sorry. :hug: :hug:

Brian M
30th January 2009, 10:52 PM
Nanette so so sorry for you ,Cassie was with you a long time so you must have some beautiful memories to keep close to you ,look after yourself.
Warmest Thoughts

ilsamom
30th January 2009, 11:03 PM
I am so sorry for you loss. She had a long wonderful life and a loving family.
Take care of yourself.

Jen

Nicki
30th January 2009, 11:17 PM
oh no Nanette, so so sorry to hear this sad news :(

I know your heart will be breaking right now, sending you our love and special thoughts at this time.

15 years is an amazing age - a tribute to your wonderful care and love; but it makes it even harder to lose your special companion when they've been with you that long.

Life won't ever be the same - but as the pain eases slightly, you start to remember the many happy times you shared together, and delight in the joy that Cassie brought to your life. It takes a while, but it's all part of the healing and grieving process.

Take care of yourself xx

Barbara
30th January 2009, 11:17 PM
Oh Nan I'm so very sorry to hear this. I know how heartbroken you and Frank must be. She couldn't have been more loved and she is at peace now bless her. Will pm you.

Daisy's Mom
30th January 2009, 11:18 PM
Is that Cassie in your avatar photo? I've always meant to comment to you in a post about how gorgeous whoever that is in your picture! She looks a lot like my Daisy with the long, flowing feathers and long ears.

I'm so sorry to hear about Cassie. I hope that Daisy makes it to 15 (or more, of course). I know how you must miss her already. Blessings to all of you. We should all have our Cavaliers live to be grand old ladies like that!

Aileen
30th January 2009, 11:35 PM
So very sorry to hear about Cassie:hug:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

diddy
30th January 2009, 11:37 PM
Oh Nanette Im so sorry. Cassie was a very special lady who will be sadly missed.

sins
30th January 2009, 11:41 PM
What a wonderful age and she had a great life full of love and contentment.I know it's a very sad day for you and your husband.
I'm so sorry you had to let her go.
Sins

team bella
30th January 2009, 11:47 PM
So sorry for your loss. :(

Elaine 2
30th January 2009, 11:54 PM
I'm so sorry Nanette to hear your sad news of Cassie your special girl ,take care you're in my thoughts

jld
31st January 2009, 12:00 AM
I am so sorry, but you were so blessed to have her for so long. She was truly beautiful....Judy

LucyDog
31st January 2009, 12:03 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news. It is never easy to say goodbye to our four legged friends. It sounds like she had a wonderful, long life and was very loved.

Karlin
31st January 2009, 12:05 AM
That's a wonderful age. I am so sorry for your loss -- it is always such a difficult decision, and a difficult time. :flwr:

Love my Cavaliers
31st January 2009, 01:06 AM
I hope I get to love my dogs for 15 years. Even after 15 years though, it's hard to say goodbye. Run like the wind Cassie!

Mindysmom
31st January 2009, 03:01 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. It's not an easy decision to make.

frecklesmom
31st January 2009, 03:19 AM
Such a sad day for you :(. What good parents you were for her for so many wonderful years :flwr:

Rumor
31st January 2009, 03:22 AM
So sorry for your loss. Never an easy decision to make no matter what the age.

Marilyn
31st January 2009, 03:53 AM
So very sorry for your loss.

PamH
31st January 2009, 03:56 AM
I am so sorry. I really sympathize with you.
Pam

Cathy T
31st January 2009, 04:21 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about Cassie. What a long and beautiful life 15 years long. Please know you are in my prayers.

jasperpaw
31st January 2009, 07:37 AM
So sorry to hear about Cassie, what a wonderful age, it must have a very difficult decision to make.

Shelli
31st January 2009, 11:19 AM
Nanette, so sorry to hear Cassie got her wings :(
15 years is a wonderful age and I'm sure you have lots of lovely memories to help you through this difficult time :flwr:
Run free at the bridge Cassie.

Sabby
31st January 2009, 11:48 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful age, but it is never easy to make that decision no matter what the age.

pippa
31st January 2009, 12:39 PM
So sorry for the loss of your precious little lady. Rest now Cassie.

Rj Mac
31st January 2009, 12:46 PM
We're so sorry for your loss :flwr::hug::hug::hug:

Cathy Moon
31st January 2009, 01:22 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of little Cassie. :( She was a member of your family for so long! :hug: Thinking of you. :flwr:

merlinsmum
31st January 2009, 01:29 PM
thinking of you Nanette, run free Cassie:paw:

freesia
31st January 2009, 05:55 PM
Thinking of you Nanette, I know you will enjoy all your memories of Cassie, I hope my Barney can get to that age.:(

Margaret C
31st January 2009, 06:21 PM
Nannette, I am so sorry.

What a precious little girl she must have been. I'm sure she will leave an enormous gap in your household.

Best wishes, Margaret C

Jan Bell
31st January 2009, 07:05 PM
What a wonderful age to get to, and what a good life she must have had with you :). To be remembered with love.

HollyDolly
31st January 2009, 07:08 PM
First of all thankyou so so much for all the love. care, hugs and flowers that you all have shown, what wonderful people you all are.
Cassie was our little darling, gentle, loving and without a doubt a very special Cavalier.
Yes she did live to a grand age but I want those people who seem to delight in telling us all about the golden oldies and how there are many long lived cavaliers that she still died of MVD which she had had since she was 8. We all know they have do die of something and I would not change a thing about her life with us but watching them struggle to breath, coughing and not able to walk from one room to another in their final days is not pleasant as I am sure many will know if they like me have lost several of these special little dogs to this disease. Will they ever learn?

Thankyou again
Love Nanette xxxxxxxx

Jan Bell
31st January 2009, 07:25 PM
Nanette I have to admit that I didn't give this a thought when I posted, though I should have. I am sorry that Cassie wasn't well for so long.

Being a 'golden oldie' isn't so great if you are in discomfort, and it must be difficult to watch.

I still think she was lucky to be with you though.

Justine
31st January 2009, 09:29 PM
So,so sorry.I know how you must feel.

Louise1823
31st January 2009, 09:58 PM
Nanette, so sorry for the loss of your darling Cassie. She is at peace with our angels at the bridge now...

brotymo
31st January 2009, 11:05 PM
So sorry Nanette,

I am sure you will feel her absence and miss her terribly, having enjoyed her company for so many years.
Hugs to you in your time of grief.

Sophie08
1st February 2009, 05:51 PM
Nanette, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Many dogs unfortunately do not get to have loving, caring people in their lives like Cassie did. She was blessed.
The Rainbow Bridge. Sophie's mom.

Sunna
1st February 2009, 11:56 PM
I'm so sorry :hug:

rajacadoo
2nd February 2009, 08:20 AM
Oh im sorry Nanette :flwr::flwr::flwr:

Sounds like Cassie had a wonderful life :hug: :hug:

Sandrac
2nd February 2009, 04:41 PM
So sorry to hear of the loss of your special girl Cassie. :flwr::flwr: I know how awful MVD is especially in its later stages.

Limerick Lady
2nd February 2009, 05:47 PM
So sorry for your loss :flwr:

Dublin
2nd February 2009, 05:49 PM
So sorry for your loss :hug:

Ejay
2nd February 2009, 10:27 PM
Nanette, I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost Cassie, my thoughts are with you x x

vikki
3rd February 2009, 12:16 AM
hugs to you and your family

coconut
3rd February 2009, 12:18 AM
so sorry to hear this, i will be thinking of u and ur family!

LovesCavaliers
3rd February 2009, 12:47 AM
So very sorry for your loss. She will live in your heart forever.