PDA

View Full Version : Dogs in snow

rhiaaswan
2nd February 2009, 10:25 AM
Hello. It is snowing a lot here in West London. I want to take the dogs out but not sure if there are any precautions or issues I need to consider. Can anybody help us?

Sunflowerstar
2nd February 2009, 12:31 PM
Wash thier paws in warm water to remove ice balls,salt and grit. :thmbsup:

Jan Bell
2nd February 2009, 12:34 PM
I took my two out earlier this morning and they love it, but find after about 10 minutes or so I have to knock the ice balls off of their feet. I can always see when they are building up as they both start to try and pull them off.

I avoid walking them through salt or grit, as it seems to aggravate their feet immediately. I always give their feet a rinse as Sunflowerstar suggests as well, to be on the safe side.

Other than that - go out and enjoy! :-p

Cathy Moon
2nd February 2009, 12:51 PM
I just looked at photos of the snow in London - wow! If the snow is too deep for them to potty in, you may need to flatten a small area of snow with your feet for them.

Lots of lovely photos of the snow in the news! :D

Sandrac
2nd February 2009, 04:50 PM
:jump: Minnie takes so long circling round and round and round and round before going that she managed to flatten her own area of snow. Cinders then went and used the area that Minnie had flattened.

We've got about 6 inches in our garden at the moment - unheard of in the London area!:eek: