PDA

View Full Version : How dogs drink water-not what you'd think!

brotymo
2nd February 2009, 06:44 PM
This surprised me!

http://videos.komando.com/2008/08/29/dog-drinks-water/

LovesCavaliers
2nd February 2009, 07:07 PM
That's really clever, I always thought the tongue worked the opposite way!

Really interesting.

Gingers Mommy
2nd February 2009, 07:56 PM
That was very cool. I also thought it was the exact opposite way!!
Im gonna be down on all fours tonight trying to get a good view when Gingers drinking!

Lani
2nd February 2009, 07:59 PM
interesting!

ilsamom
2nd February 2009, 08:59 PM
wild!!!! I'll be watching as well!

linderbelle
2nd February 2009, 09:11 PM
Weird--thought it was the opposite.

lorebringer
2nd February 2009, 10:44 PM
This has just inspired me to Google various things in slow motion, I may be here a while (youtube is a treasure trove! ;))

:cffee:

Cathy T
2nd February 2009, 10:45 PM
Wow...how interesting!! I thought it would be the opposite too!

Mom of Jato
2nd February 2009, 10:49 PM
Very interesting!

pinkpuppy
2nd February 2009, 11:54 PM
Very interesting. Now I have to watch my little guy drink from his bowl.

ilsamom
3rd February 2009, 03:15 PM
I gave her a bowl of water in a clear bowl this morning to watch! I held it up to her on the sofa. It was fascinating! The front of her tongue really dripped all the water off, and I could almost see the back of the tongue working. Then I put some water on my hand to see how she licked and I felt the back of her tongue ( I was watching too) against my hand. Wild!! Who knew?

Jen and Ilsa

Sunna
5th February 2009, 02:08 PM
A very cool video! Actually I knew, don't remember how, I read it somewhere or something like that ;)

Brenda in SC
6th February 2009, 02:01 PM
I played this video at the office yesterday morning. We have numerous dog owners - many with lots of dogs. They were all so surprised. Thanks for sharing!

pinkpuppy
13th February 2009, 01:13 AM
Okay, my OH is in Europe visiting his family. So, I am home alone with my little guy. We are being lazy since the weather is so cold out. He loves sleeping in the "big" bed. I asked him if he would like a glass of water and no surprise because of this thread. I just observed he does curl his tongue downwards to take the water in. He did not make a mess at all!:cool:

Hoopys Our Ghirl
13th February 2009, 02:32 AM
I actually saw an experiment on tv the other night & it showed this in slow motion. Absolutely fantastic & definitely not what you would think.

((((Karen))))

brotymo
13th February 2009, 03:20 AM
I actually saw an experiment on tv the other night & it showed this in slow motion. Absolutely fantastic & definitely not what you would think.

((((Karen))))

Yes, if you watch the video, it shows this in ultra slow motion.

Cookiemonster
13th February 2009, 11:43 AM
OMG, I'm gasping thirsty now!