PDA

View Full Version : LOST Cav Cross in Dublin

Dublin
4th February 2009, 09:51 AM
Just saw this ad on one of the websites -

Wizard is a 9 year old tri-colour Cavalier King Charles cross female dog. She accidentally went wandering out an open door on the 19th of January from Ballymun Road in Glasnevin. While desperately searching for her the family have discovered that she was picked up by a lady. This lady was on her way to Ashton dog pound to drop her in as a lost dog when she met a family looking to adopt a dog. This lady handed Wizard over to this new family and so Wizard never made it to the dog pound.

We are appealing to anyone who might have any information on where she might be or if the family who are currently caring for her might come forward. Wizards family are so upset and distressed. Wizard is an adored family pet. She is mostly black but with a white muzzle and tan markings.
086 3304333
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/Irl-golf/View.jpg

laram
4th February 2009, 01:18 PM
Poor family!! What on earth got into the lady to give her away like that, knowing that someone may have lost her :confused: I really hope they get her back!

pippa
4th February 2009, 01:22 PM
Oh I do hope they find her, it's probably no consolation but at least they know she is with a family not wandering the streets. Let's hope she is being treated kindly and her owners track her down soon.

*Pauline*
4th February 2009, 01:22 PM
That's really bad. I hope they find her soon. I think if she calls all the local vets or goes door knocking maybe she will have a result. I feel really sorry for them.

*Pauline*
4th February 2009, 01:23 PM
You know it's very tricky for us as we can't put a collar on Dylan but I wish they had.

pippa
4th February 2009, 01:38 PM
Sonia not sure where you seen the ad or if there is a contact number but it may be worth the owners while calling the local papers(northside people etc.) and placing an ad there.

A couple of years ago my sister-in-law found a dog wandering and brought it home,it was skinny,dirty and looked like a stray. She took him in and placed ads with local vet shops etc. but he wasn't claimed.
A few weeks (maybe 8 or 10) after she had got him. I was reading the northside people and seen a renewed appeal for a dearly loved lost Lab. I remembered there had been ads placed around the shops a couple of months previously and the dog was last seen weeks ago. The family were making a final appeal.
The photo and description resembled the dog my SIL took in but a much thinner version.
I called my SIL and she tried the 'name' out on the dog,she got a slight response so she rang the number.

She rang me concerned as to what questions to ask for ID purposes. Her children had become very attached to this dog!

She called me back after about half an hour. The people had come straight away and she said the dog,who was always a little reserved. Perked his ears up when the man and his little boy came in, they called him and he bounded over all hugs and licks, he was also crying.
The owners hardly recognised him by looks, he had been wandering for months after getting out a door opened by a visitor,he'd had a collar but it faded and the tag had gone by the time my SIL found him.

Only for the northside people he would not have been reunited with his owners and they had all but given up hope.

I hope Wizards owners have the same happy outcome.

*Pauline*
4th February 2009, 01:44 PM
That's a good idea above. Also pictures and appeals on lamp posts, I always look at those in case I come across a stray, usually cats her but all the same.

Dublin
4th February 2009, 02:39 PM
Maybe because i'm cynical but I wondered if the woman who picked the dog up may have sold her to the family looking for a dog - all sounds a little fishy to me & the only loosers in this are the original owners, just hopefully not the poor dog involved.

pippa
7th February 2009, 10:03 PM
I saw the appeal in the local paper yesterday. I called the owners (a lovely woman) and suggested she contact local radio stations and ask them to put out an appeal or try get on the likes of the Ryan show and appeal herself. Worth a try.

The woman sounds really lovely and was grateful to me for calling.

I do hope they get her back...

Cookiemonster
8th February 2009, 08:48 PM
If the people who now have the dog really are the caring sort, surely they will take the dog to a vet to have its microchip read. At least, I hopw she has a microchip. Fingers crossed the Wizard turns up, the poor mite must be feeling very lost.