• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

some happy news i wanted to share,

Ciren

I have never let Peaches off lead as i was to scared i would lose her, at her training class on monday the trainer gave me some advice and i decided to give it a try. so we just went out and i plucked up courage and let her off!! all she did was plod along and if i changed direction walking she came that way. i felt like crying but didnt dare as it was so cold.

she is now led on my leg snoring her head off and i hope she knows how happy she has made mommy.

:jump:

Well done you, I was always a nervous wreck letting Dylan off his lead. I don't do it now since his hormones are there and he hunts for girls. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. (y)

Mindy gave me such a scare when she was about 10 months old tearing off into the bushes to chase some kind of wildlife that I didn't let her off leash again for 10 years! (not to say she didn't escape a few times in that time). Good for you!

I can't see letting Max off leash anytime soon but we'll see. We have a huge back yard so we will practice his recall there first once the snow melts and/or it gets to a civilized temperature. He's great in the house.

Well done you - it's a great feeling isn't it?

Maddie was very challenging, and we had to train her using a 30ft long line for over a year before we got to the point where she could be trusted. Even now in wooded areaas if she starts to get a bit over-excited with all the smells we put her back on lead for a bit. Pippin has been easier, but we didn't make the same mistakes with him that we did with her (thinking it was funny seeing this little pup chasing birds - boy did we pay for that mistake! :bang: Especially as she thought aeroplanes were birds, and would chase them in flight!)

Enjoy your walks!

well so far no drama's i put her back on earlier when we saw a german shepard and a doberman coming (lucky i did she got scared at the german shepard cause he was barkign and pulling to get at her)

but yes best feeling in the world is when i change direction and hear her running up behind me :p

Our Abigail (6 3/4 months) will come willingly when in back yard. However, after puppy class we are still trying to get her to sit and stay on a rug near our back door. So far she hasn't been very good and twice ran out the door and thru the open garage door to the front yard and took off:eek: Luckily one time a neighbor was outside and she ran to him and my husband caught her the second time.

I'm glad that you are having better luck!

I won't trust her off leash in the front for quite some time.

Heather R

Last edited:
Back