• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

changing ownership

presley

Hi,all.

Betsy's home recovering from her spay..
a quick question guys,I'd like to change ownership from this farmer or whoever he was.
she's KC registered
I asked the guy who had Betsy before me,to send me all her belongings
like her KC paper,vet cards..etc n he said he'll send copy of them not the original ones:confused:

now,if he send me copy of Betsy's KC paper,How do I change ownership?
she is micro-chipped and on this I'm her owner but not for KC.

thanks in advance

Theres a form you need to fill in & have him sign to say you are the new owner & then you have to send it to the IKC - I think I paid about €30 when I changed Sparky into my name last april.

If yer man dosnt have the form you can probably get one from the IKC - do you know her pedigree name?

Tell him you NEED the original ones, he has no reason to keep them :confused:
I dont think the kennel club will change ownership without the original but you could ring and ask them. They may just need you to send a letter explaining the reason why when you send in the papers.
Dont forget to make sure he signs the form before he sends it.
I hope you get it sorted, you have done such a nice thing for Betsy :flwr:

Presumably as the owner has passed away,this is not straightforward.
From what I understand the dog was kept and passed to you by a relative of the deceased.
Normally the owner would need to sign the form on the back of the pedigree cert and you'd sign it as the new owner and pay your fee.
As you're not showing or breeding her the pedigree cert isn't important,but as she's microchipped the best thing to do is to contact animark who coordinate the register for microchipping and see if they can arrange to have you listed as the new "owner".
Alternatively you'll need a letter from the person who gave you the dog confirming the transfer to you.
In these cases it's always a good idea to have your vet check that the microchip is still active and if he/she can access the database for you and confirm that the microchip had actually been in the old owner's name.
Give animark a call and see what they recommend to do about the microchip name.
http://ikc-animark.ie/
Sins

no,we chipped her on monday,on that part i'm her owner,
just not the KC paper.
I do not understand why this guy wanna keep the original, my husband said to me he probably has got her puppies or he could/wanna be a dog breeder?
we don't know but there're many things sound not so right.
Paper isn't important but I do not want Betsy to do anything with this man,even it's just a peice of paper.
I've just sent email to the KC..hopefully I'll sort this out.
thanks guys.

Presumably as the owner has passed away,this is not straightforward.
From what I understand the dog was kept and passed to you by a relative of the deceased.
Normally the owner would need to sign the form on the back of the pedigree cert and you'd sign it as the new owner and pay your fee.
As you're not showing or breeding her the pedigree cert isn't important,but as she's microchipped the best thing to do is to contact animark who coordinate the register for microchipping and see if they can arrange to have you listed as the new "owner".
Alternatively you'll need a letter from the person who gave you the dog confirming the transfer to you.
In these cases it's always a good idea to have your vet check that the microchip is still active and if he/she can access the database for you and confirm that the microchip had actually been in the old owner's name.
Give animark a call and see what they recommend to do about the microchip name.
http://ikc-animark.ie/
Sins

Back