• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

To people who have pm'd and everybody regarding my dear Abbey and possible sm

linderbelle

I gave her the baby aspirin almost 3hours ago and in addition gave the 1/2 prilosec. There has been no change and I can't take the scratching and everything else. I just called vet again--in 2 hrs. I'm taking her in for liver scan and then can get her on rimadyl. I appreciate so much the support and pm's I have gotten and I am a basket case right now. She is sooo bad and I am soooooooooooooo worried and hubby can't deal with it either. I'm soo afraid that she has had this for soooooooo long--i know i'm ramblin. I will post after getting back to the vet and try to reply to the pm's. I know some of you have even given me your phone #'s and I just can't talk right now. I'm crying hysterically--.

I'm sorry to hear that Linda, I hope little Abbey is okay...keep us posted. Unfortunately there are many other people going through the same thing right now... :hug:

What you must be going through must be so terrible. My heart is breaking just imagining it.
I hope and pray that with the right medicine little Abbey will be much better quickly.:hug:

Linda, I replied to your email (not PM) and I'll write again........but want to point out to everyone that it is blood chemistry to check her liver values before starting rimadyl and not a liver scan (i.e. ultrasound) that Abbey will get at vet's. And, actually, I think this is very wise to do because of the serious potential side effects of these NSAIDs. I try never to use NSAIDs but sometimes you've got to use them such as in this case. So the best way to be safe is to check liver and kidney blood chemistry values before starting and then re-check at certain intervals to make sure there isn't major organ damage from the drugs.

Here's a good summary:

http://www.srdogs.com/Pages/rimadylfr.html

Pat

Shoot - scroll down and read the handout written by Dr. Bob Rogers (one of my personal favorites) rather than the anecdotal story. I tried to link to Dr. Rogers' handout but it didn't work.

Pat

Hi Linda, please know that you and Abbey will get through this, and we will keep you all in our prayers. Thank the Lord that she has you to be her advocate and get her the pain management that she so desperately needs now. :hug:

I understand how you're feeling. So many of us have been through this and we are all here for you. Try to take care of yourself as well.
I'm praying for you and Abbey

Jen and Ilsa

Hello Linda,

Please do not despair. Many of us here know how you must be feeling but it will get better for Abbey & you.
You are staying strong for her & getting her the pain relief she needs.
Please don't get overwhelmed, you will get through this.

Margaret C

Back