• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

totally shaocked!!!!

shell1805

something happed to me on saturday and i just have to ask has anyone ever had this happen...

myself, hubby, sullivan (lab) and bentley (tri cav) were in our nearset pet store stocking up on treats (when i say stocking up i mean me having to buy everything as bentley has this habit of helping himself :rolleyes:) anyway, i saw this couple and their daughter with the most gorgeous blemin cav staring at us all. bentley has been chased by 2 different dogs and has become barking at everything that has 4 legs so i always keep him in tight just incase a yap attack happens. well this couple mad a bee line for us. as predicted bentley yapped his little heart out so i picked him up and explained what had happened to him. now this is where it gets weird....

the little girl was strocking bentley (who was now down with the other dogs as he knew the other cav was no threat) and kept sayin thats the colour i want, can we swap. i laughed it off and said how i thought the other cav was gorgeous. the woman continued to tell me how they were originally getting a tri but that the breeder had turned them down and they got the blemin instead. how bentley was EXACTLY what they wanted. how old was he, how much i paid for him, breeder etc!!!! (i honestly thought they were going to ask me to swap!!!!!)

i was so shocked how someone could be so against the dog that they owned, they didnt seem interested in it at all. as you can imagine i swiftly made my way out the store....

how werid is that!!

If they really really wanted a tri why on earth didnt they wait a bit longer for a tri to come up?

my point exactly!!! i mean, i always thought id go for a blemin, but once i saw bentleys little face i knew he was the one for me. ive got a horrible feeling this is going to be just one more dog upfor re- homing :( what are people thinking these days!!!

This is what happens when you buy a dog for a child,they want one NOW!! and it's like a toy, they just can't wait so they'll take something else,be reasonably happy with it until they see what they originally wanted!
I'm speaking from experience here,my daughter loves our cavalier but really wanted "something bigger".She always wanted a boxer and reminds me of that fact every time she sees one!!
So I got a cavalier,knowing it was the right "fit" for our family in terms of suitability,size and temperament and understanding fully that this was really going to be my workload and my committment.Growing up in a multidog household taught me a lot.
Our cavalier is my husband's dog really,I just provide comfort and food:p and we love her to bits and enjoy her as much as we did our children when they were entertaining little toddlers.
Dogs which are bought as commodities though sooner or later end up as inconveniences.
Sins

Some people eh?

We had our hearts set on a Tri, but when we went to meet the litter we decided on Murphy(Blenheim) instead. When it came down to it, it just didn't matter what colour he was, we just fell in love with him. We said we'd get a Tri colour next. And of course we now have 2 Blenheims... anyone care to swap? ;)

Maybe they are thinking of adding *another* dog. I think you may have taken it the wrong way, but hey- I wasn't there! ;) I think they would have left her home while they ran to the pet store if they didn't care for the dog. One that gets taken out on errands with the family hardly sounds like she's neglected.

more proof that some people shouldn't have dogs. I guess they'd swap their kid, too if they saw one with the eye and hair color that they were hoping for.:rolleyes:

Maybe they are thinking of adding *another* dog. I think you may have taken it the wrong way, but hey- I wasn't there! ;) I think they would have left her home while they ran to the pet store if they didn't care for the dog. One that gets taken out on errands with the family hardly sounds like she's neglected.

Exactly what I thought when I read your thread. It was only the little girl who asked to swap.

Back