• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Karlin I will always remember you for the rest of my life

linderbelle

I've had my dear abbey for almost 5 years. We then got our Bentley in November and a few weeks later because of my love of cavaliers I found this board and the next few weeks read alot and one day I saw something about sm and went hmmm wonder what that is and had a few extra minutes and started to read and the more I read the more I couldn't stop and looked for more and more to read. I truly knew that first day that my Abbey had/has sm. As you know from my post yesterday that she does have it. Had a mri yesterday. I don't know what we are going to do yet. I know this is a progressive disease. I want to thank you so much because you saved my dog in a sense. If it wasn't for this board I'd still be trying everything under the sun for the diagnosed "allergies". Thank you very very much.

Keeping you, Abbey and all your family in our thoughts and prayers. Regardless of whether Abbey's condition can be under fair control with medications or whether it continues to cause her severe pain, there are folks here who have been through this and to whom you can reach out. I know it is hard to think of at a time like this, and I cannot remember where Abbey came from, but please notify the breeders, in writing, so they know and have an opportunity to act responsibly in any further breeding decisions.

Bless you.

Many of us have much to thank Karlin for.

Her website, http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/ , is the most comprehensive site on SM possible, and I certainly appreciate the time & hard work she puts into updating the SM infomation, as well as running this talkboard.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Abbey. The diagnosis may be the best thing that could have happened for her.
I have three cavaliers with SM, with the help of painkillers they still have a good quality of life, enjoy their walks, love their food, & want to be noticed & fussed.

I would not be without them for the world.

Margaret C

Linda, I am sooo sorry for Abbey's diagnosis. In some sense, it must be a relief to finally know what you are dealing with. Waiting can be worse than knowing. At least now you can begin the fight.
You will be in my thoughts. If I can help, let me know. I am not too far up the road!
Many hugs to you.

Back