PDA

View Full Version : sorry

harleyfarley
7th February 2009, 11:34 AM
meant to post pics and try and spell check my last post but forgot :confused:

hmmmm cant see how to post pics,

ill see if this works http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/fishyfeet/harley/IMG_0640.jpg

wow

there he is, in all his glory

now actually this is a very good pic, hadnt realised it until just now, if youve read my previous post about his hips, you see how that leg sticks out, he is unable to sit (or maybe too uncomfortable) like most dogs do, with their legs underneith them, he always sits wonky. di

Love my Cavaliers
7th February 2009, 02:40 PM
My almost 8 year old blenheim also has bad hips and sits the same way as Farley. He also walks very stiffly. I had his hips x-rayed and his ball and socket joint is more like a square. It is not rounded at all, thus the hip and leg joints don't glide smoothly together. When he has flare-ups, the only thing that helps him is steroids. Rimadyla and Metacam do nothing for him. Sometimes he is so bad that he will lie in the crate (and he hasn't had a crate for years and years, but we have one for Oz) and I will have to pick him and carry him out so he can pee and poop. It's so sad to watch. I've never discussed hip replacement with the vet or ortho since he's been relatively good for the past two years. Good luck with you and farley.

Jasperxxgabby
7th February 2009, 07:21 PM
Hi and icon_welcome. Lovely pic of your boy, he is gorgeous.
Last year my Gabby had x-rays for a knee problem, we suspected she had a slipping kneecap but it turned out her knee cap was fine, (the vet said she may have sprained a ligament), but the x-ray showed up she has hip dysplasia, where her ball joints should be round they are mushroom shaped while both her socket joints are normal (if that makes sense). The only thing I notice with her is when she bends down to pee she sticks her one leg out, (my daughter jokes she is turning into a boy dog) it may have nothing to do with her H D.

I hope Harley's discomfort/pain can be managed and he can live a normal, energetic painfree life good luck :flwr:.

harleyfarley
7th February 2009, 07:41 PM
lol that makes me laugh, because harley doesnt cock his leg up, but bends down like a girl, lol what a pair prob nothing to do with h/d either, i think he tried to cock his leg once and fell over, being a right cowardy custard he wont try it again, di

Brian M
7th February 2009, 09:29 PM
Hello Di

Your Harley is a lovely lad but so sad about his hd but I am sure you will give him the bestest care in the world .glad to see you here and wellcome.

Best Wishes

Brian

Poppy ,Daisy and Rosie

and Ami my cat

Jan Bell
8th February 2009, 12:14 PM
Hello and welcome Di,

Lovely picture of your boy - sorry to hear about his problems.

I tried to reply to your PM to me about the yoga DVDs but your settings don't allow me to send you a PM. Anyway, I did sell them all, money going to the SM fund.

Best wishes,
Jan

harleyfarley
8th February 2009, 12:16 PM
oh well, thanks joan for the reply, ill have a look at my profile must have something ticked i shouldnt, di

leesanlucie
8th February 2009, 05:55 PM
What a handsome boy!:lotsaluv:
He is lovely.
welcome to u both :)

frecklesmom
8th February 2009, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear about Farley-hard to see him so uncomfortable. There is a bit about HD at
http://www.cavalierhealth.org/hipdysplasia.htm

harleyfarley
9th February 2009, 03:03 PM
Harley is at the vets at the moment, ive have to ring in a mo and see if i can pick him up later, working till 4 though and the day is going so slow, the good news was he weighed in at 13lb 6 so at least hes lost a little weight. Ill let you all know the out come when i get online either later or tomorrow, di