• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another website re Cavaliers

Yes, I had deleted my question when I realized this newer site is linked to the other site - I had read that one some time ago.

Please would someone post a link to the other site, I can't get it on my Mac without downloading something. Thank you. :flwr:

I like the look of the cavalierplanet site, it's a bit different and if it's mission is to celebrate cavaliers then it's a fine idea.
There's a lot of messageboards and lists out there,but to be honest, cavaliertalk ticks all the boxes for me.Where else would you find a truly international site where you have health information and support,rescue and welfare,lighthearted banter and galleries filled with pictures and clips of our gorgeous dogs?
Sins

The person is stating at the end. I am still not convinced that scanning is by any means the sole answer to SM but merely a staring point. So if we don’t start somewhere where will we be in years to come? You have to have a starting point in anything you do.

Oh, I'd say that site is where some of the club PR money has gone... :cool:

It is the same breeder crowd, the exact same group behind the Uk cavalierhealth site, which is itself a desperate attempt by a group of breeders to try and steer people away from Rod Russells' far better known and very heavily frequented Cavalierhealth.com (and Cavalierhealth.org) site. :rolleyes: Typically, this group of foolish breeders clearly they think they scored some big goal by selecting *the exact same name* when they have really shot themselves in the foot -- newcomers are always going to simply remember the cavalierhealth part of the url and thus end up on Rod's site, not their board! :rotfl: Someone who actually understands the net really needs to advise these people -- I could hardly believe it when they chose to use the same name.

But they have got a tiny weeny bit more clued-in -- the reason they are busy setting up websites is they have finally realised how much reach boards like this one and others, and sites like Rod's, have. However just setting up a site is easy -- getting people to visit it and believe it is the challenge.

Why 'celebrating' cavaliers seems to exclude trying to get a healthy dog in the first place in the minds of some of these people -- several of whom have utterly ignored communications from their pet owners who have ended up with cavaliers of their breeding with some serious health problems, such as SM -- is beyond me.

Sites that then extoll a pathetic list of reasons for not screening their dogs, too... and post such articles as helpful reading! :eek:

Well, no wonder it is mostly the same old group of same old-same old breeders who join and frequent the sites, not the wider mass of owners who clearly prefer to celebrate the breed in ways that also support caring for the health of the breed.

The person is stating at the end. I am still not convinced that scanning is by any means the sole answer to SM but merely a staring point. So if we don’t start somewhere where will we be in years to come? You have to have a starting point in anything you do.
This person is taking the lazy way out; allowing pet owners to bear the burdens of SM, financial and otherwise, all the while kicking back and complaining elsewhere that SM shouldn't get the attention it does. This person complains in other forums that SM estimations are based mainly on clinical cases, yet this same person won't lift a finger to get so-called 'healthy' breeding cavaliers scanned to help researchers find the genes. That doesn't sit right with pet owners like many of us whose cavaliers have the so-called 'best' kennel names in their pedigrees and suffer from SM in their spines.

Last edited:
Back