• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Please spare a thought for all Aus Fire Victims

OhMarley

Hi all,
Not sure what sort of coverage you're getting os, but in Aus we've had out worst natural disaster, massive massive bush fires that have swept through and destroyed many towns and bush the death toll at last count is 181 and from all accounts will rise to well over 200, more then 900 homes have been destroyed and god knows how many native animals, livestock and family pets have perished.
One of the most unbelievable things is that they believe some of the fires were light by arsonists.
I just can't believe it and the fires are still burning, they're currently fighting 25 fires :(

So tonight spare a thought for all those aussies who are homeless, those who have lost friends, family, pets and property, maybe say a little prayer if your religous :(

We have seen a lot of it in the news. It’s just terrible and to think that some fires were started by people.:(

We are thinking of you all, this is just devestating:(

Our thoughts are with those who have lost family, friends, animal companions and their homes and businesses.

Also with those in the emergency services, and those trying to pick up the pieces, such as wildlife rescues and animal control...

Hoping that the weather changes soon into more favourable conditions for fire fighting, and that this awful destruction can be stopped.

Hi

We are getting quite a large amount of coverage from the media ,some of the videos and stories are so very sad for the poor people and animals who it seems in so many cases have lost everything they have worked so hard all their lives for and also all the many lives that have been lost , it is very hard to imagine the intensity and speed of all those fires ,and its even harder to comprehend how people could have started some deliberately ,weren't some fires started by arsonists in California when they had their bad fires last year .I am sure our thoughts are for all the people involved in this very tragic disaster.

We having been seeing a lot of the fires too.

It seems like there are fires somewhere here in the US every year, but on the news they said that as bad as they were they are nothing of the magnitude of what you are seeing in Australia.

What an awful tragedy. If it was arson, I hope they find who did it.

We're thinking of all in Australia who are being affected by the fires and praying it will be brought under control very soon. I listen to NPR, and there has been daily coverage on the fires. Hoping you are safe. :hug:

I think everyones just in shock atm its just so horrendous, i still cant wrap my mind around the magnitude of it all and just when u think u cant get any worse it does! They finally had some rain but then there was lightning and it started more fires!!!!!!!! And what's crazier is that in Queensland its flooded!!!

Our thoughts are with all those affected by these fires. It's such a devastating event and the thought that it could be malicious is just unbearable :(

My thoughts are with everyone in Australia. We have family in Melbourne, I lived there when I was 3. We have just heard that they are ok. Most of my family is in Queensland where there is flooding. My Dad hadn't heard about the floods so he is ringing them now.

Having traveled extensively through the Victoria territory, our thoughts and prayers are with every one affected by this great tragedy but we know from the Australians that we have met that they will respond with courage and determination. We are thinking about you and praying for your safety and comfort.

Ruby and Sydney and Duncan in Virginia :paw:

We are not getting much coverage here in the midwest. I've been keeping up on it because some of the best people I've met through my travels have been from Australia. My thoughts & prayers are going out to everyone affected by this horrible tragedy.

we know from the Australians that we have met that they will respond with courage and determination.

Courage and determination indeed. There was one very moving moment on the news when a man whose home was just a pile of rubble said he was lucky as he had all his family still alive and he can rebuild a home.

The British Red Cross is collecting funds for the Australian Red Cross to support the Victorian Bushfires Appeal 2009. Latest news and info on how to contact family is available on www.redcross.org.uk

Back