PDA

View Full Version : name suggestions for ruby boy pup

nicola
11th February 2009, 04:45 PM
OK so I am helping my folks pick a name for the soon to be coming home pups. The breeder has called the blenheim boy Henry and I think we are going to stick with that. We are still trying to name the ruby boy however. So far we have a suggestion for Higgins (Henry Higgins, My Fair Lady) but we're not convinced that is the right name for him. Other names I had thought of are Rohan (this is irish for red haired), reuben, Bently, Hadley. Anyone have any suggestions for names for the ruby boy? Please help us name him! P.S. They are coming home Feb 20th...just 9 more days :jump:

arasara
11th February 2009, 04:54 PM
Hmm I am loving Rohan ;) I thnk that's absolutely adorable! Do you have :snap:?

:dogwlk:

nicola
11th February 2009, 05:00 PM
I just looked up and apparently a varient of Rohan is Rowan which means 'little red head'...hmmmmmm. Sara we took loads of photos and rather annoyingly the new camera we had just bought has broken and we can't see them. We are however going to see pups again on Sat and I will take more pics with other camera and post them.

laram
11th February 2009, 05:00 PM
Congratulations on the new pup! :luv: I like Higgins - it's both different and cute. Names I was thinking of giving Sammy include: Wilber, Doogle, Mikey (because his kennel name was Michael :confused:), Barney, Rusty, Jip (from David Copperfield), and Pippin.

Then again, my friends thought I had terrible taste in dog names :o

laram
11th February 2009, 05:02 PM
Rowan is also really cute!

sins
11th February 2009, 05:14 PM
How about Rusty? Robin? Rua? Rocco? ...Clifford(The little red Dog!)? Clancy, Grady,Flaherty,
Sins(my nickname-not a good name for a dog;))

Ejay
11th February 2009, 05:16 PM
I think if i was getting a ruby boy, i would call him Rudy, so cute!

harleyfarley
11th February 2009, 05:19 PM
my suggestions are rudy, rohan, or rowan and lots of pics for us to drool over please, di

Cookiemonster
11th February 2009, 05:43 PM
I love Rohan (like the Men of Rohan in Lord of the Rings!). My friends' ruby cavalier is called Bertie. They also got a female cav and were considering calling her Celia :)
Or how about calling the 2 dogs something like Tori and Amos, or Tom and Cruise. Or after Statler and Waldorf from the muppet show :-p

pippa
11th February 2009, 05:58 PM
I like Rohan or Rowan, I also like Reuben.

Cathy Moon
12th February 2009, 03:14 AM
I like Rory, Rowan, Rohan and Rua. :)

Brenda in SC
12th February 2009, 01:08 PM
My fav is Rudy.....:eek:

LovesCavaliers
12th February 2009, 01:30 PM
I knew a Ruby dog called Robbie and it really suited him.

I think when you have him home, you will find the name that really fits.

I like Rohan and what about Ronan (after the fella in Boyzone)?