• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poorly Maddie (again!)

MadPip

Maddie's in the vets - she's been vomiting brown liquid (gross), is a bit tender in her tummy and is off her food. :( She's had blood tests to look for liver, pancreas, etc. issues - all normal. She's also had an abdominal x-ray to look for obstruction, no obvious signs but there are some dilated loops of bowel, which might mean an obstruction. :( She also has a lot of faeces in there (yuk!) and she hasn't pooed today. Bless her. So she's there for observation overnight, repeat x-ray tomorrow and see how she goes. Probably wont know until 12 midday, so I guess I'll go to work as usual in the morning. Poor Pippin's wondering what I've done with her. He's settled now, but I guess when it comes to bedtime he may be a bit upset. He's spent a night in the vets before, but she never has.

Until Christmas, when she was pooing blood, she'd never been poorly. (Ignoring the summer allergies)

So please keep her in your thoughts that it's nothing serious, and I'll update you as and when I know anything.

Oh goodness poor wee soul :( It's hard that she is away from you but she is in the best place...

Keep us posted - we will keep you all in our thoughts :flwr:

Thanks Nicki.
What I like about my vets is that there is a vet nurse there 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, so I know she'll be well looked after. :)
A lot of vets don't have that 24 hr cover, so any animal in overnight is basically on their own. :(

Poor little Maddie, hope she is well again soon. Also I can sympathise with Pippin missing her,my Pippin frets if any one the dogs are not here.

Poor maddie, I really hope it's nothing serieus and you can take her home today so Pippin won't have to be alone again either!

Good thoughts coming your way!

Poor Maddie, hope she is feeling better today and you can have her home again very soon.

Poor Maddie. Have you heard from the vets yet?
Hope you will find out today what is wrong with her.
I had to leave Ebony at the vets for two nights last year. It’s a horrible feeling but I knew she was being watched 24/7 and that it was the best place for her to be.

I hope its nothing serious, there is obviously something wrong with her, lets hope its easily sorted and not long term. di

Poor Maddie, I hope she is feeling better today and you get to bring her home :xfngr:
Give her a gentle :hug: from us.

quick update

Maddie was no different this morning, nothing moving in her bowel, and the x-ray looked the same so we've had a barium meal done. Update at 3pm was that she'd finally pooed, and the barium was moving its way through her intestines with no sign of an obstruction yet. She's having another x-ray at 4:30, and we may be able to bring her home then, or she may need just one more x-ray at 5:30 to make doubly sure. So she should be back later today.:)

Pippin has been a little star, and a very well-adjusted little boy. :lotsaluv: We kept to the usual routine last night, and although this is the first time he's been on his own here at night (they sleep in the kitchen) he settled really well and slept through the night. We left him with stuffed kongs today when we were at work, and again he's been brilliant.

I have a feeling that we'll never know what was wrong with Maddie, just one of those things I guess. But at least she's not vomiting now, and the vet says she seems less sore, so that's good. And she's had IV fluids overnight so isn't dehydrated. (y)

Good news that they didn’t have to operate.
:xfngr: That she keeps improving and that she can come home tonight.

Good news, youll be so pleased to have her home, do they know what the problem was, some sort of gastro thing,? poor babe, give her a special from us, let us know how she is tomorrow, di

She's home

Yay! We've got Maddie back. :rah:
The barium showed no obstruction, so not really sure what was going on. But she's being treated essentially for gastritis - antepsin and cimetidine - plus we're back on the Hills i/d. Luckily she likes that. :) I think it was all a ploy to get us to get some more for her instead of her usual food. :D

They're both cuddled up with OH now, so all is right with the world. Thanks for all your kind words.

Glad shes home now, and that it wasnt anything too serious. Sounds like it didnt take her long to make up for all the cuddles she missed whilst at the vets.:D

Glad shes home now, and that it wasnt anything too serious. Sounds like it didnt take her long to make up for all the cuddles she missed whilst at the vets.:D

Oh, trust me, she got plenty of cuddles at the vets - she always does. It's only what she deserves after all.:D:D

Back