PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone

nicola
12th February 2009, 09:57 PM
tell me if you can get 'bully sticks' in the UK/Ireland and if so where? TIA

lorebringer
13th February 2009, 05:15 PM
I went on the search for these a while ago but to no avail - maybe try www.zooplus.ie to see if there is anything similar you would be interested in. I'm sure there is somewhere online that will deliver to Ireland/UK (I just didn't look hard enough! :rolleyes:)

*Pauline*
13th February 2009, 05:48 PM
You can get them in any pet shop. They won't be called bully stick, I can't remember what they are called here but you won't miss them! They are usually by the cigar shaped raw hide chews.

Davy
13th February 2009, 09:25 PM
The called Prizzles on zooplus, first time I heard of them was from a friend who owned a pet shop and she called them woofers?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_treats_chews/beef/13414 (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_treats_chews/beef/13414)

brotymo
13th February 2009, 09:32 PM
Ya know....I just learned bully sticks are made from a bull's penis...nice.

nicola
13th February 2009, 10:11 PM
Thank you. Will order from zooplus :)

Karlin
13th February 2009, 11:41 PM
Lidl has them too, in the dog treats section -- sold as pizzle sticks, three to a pack! I get them from Zooplus generally; they sell pieces, sticks and very long sticks (ribald jokes welcome... :lol:).

hbmama
14th February 2009, 05:32 AM
Ya know....I just learned bully sticks are made from a bull's penis...nice.

We have a small group Bible study in our home every Monday evening and we bring the sticks out to keep the girls busy while we have our study. As they were happily munching away, one of our new members chuckled and asked if we knew what they were actually made of. I told him it was some sort of dried tendon or something along those lines. He enlightened me to the fact that it was actually a bulls :yikes as Brotymo so advised. Oh, my! :eek: :eek: !!! (I almost wish I didn't know. I will never look at those darned chews the same ever again!) :o