PDA

View Full Version : Rescue girls

frecklesmom
13th February 2009, 05:41 PM
Picked up these 2 sweet girls today from breeder. They were for private sale and that's how they were obtained. Afraid they're typical releases with issues but with a sweet future ahead. Lucky Star,so wonderful,taking them in.
Penny-10yrs
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/frecklesmom/IMG_0315-1.jpg

Cass-8 yrs.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/frecklesmom/IMG_0316.jpg
They've begun the vetting process. I'm glad I'm able to visit with them as often as I want.
Took the liberty of giving them their temporary new names.:) Cass (for M.Carter's sig on Dog World) and Penny (for Penny Knowler)

Hoopys Our Ghirl
13th February 2009, 06:17 PM
What beautiful dogs!

I am going to pick up 2 rescues tomorrow. I am fostering them until they find their forever homes.

((((Karen))))

harleyfarley
13th February 2009, 07:16 PM
ohhhhhh you are so lucky, both of you, id love to do that, and what beautiful girls you have, when do you get them, di

Brian M
13th February 2009, 10:49 PM
Hi

Penny and Cass look so beautiful ,many congratulations and thanks for helping these two lovely ladies to a loving future that they can now be adored in and that they so deserve.:):flwr::flwr::flwr:

Cathy T
14th February 2009, 04:10 AM
What sweet girls!!! Lucky Star....and you!!!..rock!

tara
14th February 2009, 04:14 AM
Thank you for helping these girls! And thanks to Lucky Star too! They are both beautiful and I wish them a bright and happy future in their forever homes:)

hbmama
14th February 2009, 05:39 AM
Oh, bless you for fostering these adorable sweet girls! Keep the updates coming!

Margaret C
14th February 2009, 01:35 PM
I'm so flattered.
What great big scared eyes. I'm sure they will soon learn to trust people and relax a little.
I'm glad I'm the youngest one, although I'm not sure if that is true in real life. Penny is on holiday, I'll check when she gets back.

Rescue organisations do such a wonderful job, thanks to volunteers like you.

I hope they both end up in a comfortable, caring, home with loving owners to cherish them for the rest of their days.

Please let us know what happens to them.

Margaret C

frecklesmom
14th February 2009, 08:10 PM
Spent a while with Cass and Penny this morning and moved them for some recreation to a larger pen and sat with them in the pen. Penny hadn't peed or pooed since I got them yesterday at 7am but she managed to get that done in a big way in the larger area :rah:. They are darn cute. Let them lick peanut butter off my glove-at first they had to consider if they would accept the texture :) but then.... Both sparked up in the bigger area and personalities showing. Can hardly wait to get them out of isolation and scrub them as they need baths terribly but,in the meantime, they are accepting that we are OK. Was told they were kenneled together as retirees and ,if that's true, Cass definitely got most of the groceries. Right now, kenneled separate and Penny is gobbling her food-she's going to start getting 3 small meals a day for a little time. They're winning the hearts at the Vets-just what Cavaliers do. Tomorrow, if it's warm enough, I'll put them in an outside pen for a short time so they can see the outdoors. First introduction was sad-petrified of the space outside so am going to try this.

Cathy Moon
15th February 2009, 04:33 PM
I am so looking forward to updates on these two girls, and especially look forward to seeing their happy faces when they have adjusted to their new lives. Bless you for all the care you're giving them; you're doing wonderful work. :lotsaluv:

frecklesmom
15th February 2009, 08:26 PM
Have to post this. Just got back from the 2 ,had them outside in pen and Penny slipped by me,at gate opening, and was on the run :eek:. We ran around the building one way and back and to east and to the west and started heading toward the river :bang:. I quick called Dr.Mike from his home and then Cass kept barking and Penny came back and finally got "trapped" between pen and building-Dr. Mike on one end and me on the other-and I got her by the scruff-my gosh, that's pure terror! This 10 yr.old can move. So scary to have a puppy mill dog get loose. She's feisty,fed her second meal and went in Clinic to lock up and she's barking for more food LOL. What an adventure!!!!!

Cathy Moon
16th February 2009, 12:00 AM
OMG - has your blood pressure returned to normal yet? That must have been a fright!

frecklesmom
20th February 2009, 10:11 PM
Update on these 2 little ones
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/frecklesmom/IMG_0328.jpg

Hate pictures taken like this but only way they stand still :). Preliminary labs are negative :rah: and baths pretty soon. They really are taken with the :snap:-not shy at all. They are doing great on leash, keep their kennel clean and piddle the moment we go outside-good girls! Lovely personalities.