PDA

View Full Version : looking for a rescue

hwowen
14th February 2009, 10:32 AM
HI - I am new to this board, so please excuse any daft questions! We are on the lookout for a resuce cav to adopt - we have 6 cats but no dogs, & I used to have dog as a child, but not since. We have lots of space (access to 24 acres) a secure garden, 2 teenage kids who are mad on animals, and the house is usually not empty for more than 4 hours at a stretch. I teach, so am around full time every weekend and hoilday..... here's my question .....
If we wee to adopt from S Ireland, would a dog from Dublin, travelling on the ferry to Holyhead, and then the 25 miles to our house need a pet passport!!?? Do they let you keep your dog with you on a ferry? Do they stow them away!!? (Ugh)

Karlin
14th February 2009, 01:26 PM
I don't adopt dogs outside of Ireland except in very rare cases (eg where I know a rescue nearby that can homecheck and take full responsibility for the dog, and even then this would only be en exceptional circumstances). I have lots of breed rescue contacts posted for the UK pinned at the top of this section and UK dogs come up regularly, so the best advice is to watch for dogs posted here, keep an eye on your local general rescues and pounds, and maybe consider contacting the Spaniel Trust in the UK as well. :thmbsup:

I've moved your post to a fresh thread as I prefer threads for specific dogs to remain focused on those dogs, not general questions. :)