PDA

View Full Version : What vacuum do you like best?

Mom of Jato
14th February 2009, 07:29 PM
My vacuum cleaner just went bust on me. I need something that is good with wood floors, as well as carpet. What brand do you all like best to pick up the dog hair, etc. I must go buy a new one soon. :v*cuum:

chloe92us
14th February 2009, 08:04 PM
I have a million vaccuums, and I like the Kenmore Progressive Scan line the best. I have the bag-style, but the link is for the bagless version which I prefer! Don't know why I let her talk me into the bag version...bags are supposedly better for pet hair..???

I think it works much better on hard floors than the Dysons. However, it is heavy.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02036933000P?mv=rr

frecklesmom
14th February 2009, 08:19 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying my Dyson Slim on both carpet and vinyl. I have multiple allergies so have worked out a routine for emptying it-its bagless.

BIG KIM
15th February 2009, 12:15 AM
I use the Dyson Animal, and I rate it quite highly. :)

Karlin
15th February 2009, 01:50 AM
I have two Dyson Animals -- one large cannister and the smaller portable Ball. Love them both. There is a floor tool -- but I find just turning off the hair rotor thing works fine. My house is a mix of tile, wood floors and area rugs. I know some people here also really like the Miele one for animal hair.

arasara
15th February 2009, 02:10 PM
do you have a rough in for a central vacuum outlet?? I got one and have been absolutely in love with it from the day it was installed. We got a BEAM one. It goes everywhere, I don't have to change bags, and it's easy! :)

brotymo
15th February 2009, 04:00 PM
My vacuum croaked about 3 weeks ago, too. I also have wood floors, carpet and tile in my house. My old vacuum was bagless, and it got SOOO messy to clean and change, so I decided to read consumer reports and buy a recommended one from there. Consumer reports is awesome (consumerreports.org) . You have to be subscribed to it to use it (they do have a website and you can subscribe by the month to view all their ratings of products) I bought the Eureka Boss Smart Vac Ultra 4870. It was rated a consumer report's "best buy" because it sells for $150.00, yet it outperformed all tested vacuums but 3 models(and beat every Dyson model). It was very close in the ratings to those vacuums that had slightly higher scores, and it the "pet hair" rating department, it got the highest score possible, an "excellent". I'd agree with the magazine. It has performed well, is very quiet on my wood floors (my old Hoover was awful noisy) does awsome on my carpet and has good tools for tight spots, stairs, etc. I know many people are happy with their Dysons, but they are pricey, out of budget for many, and the Eureka outperformed it in EVERY category except for "emissions" (the Dyson got an "excellent" and the Eureka got a "very good" in that category) which I was unconcerned about. In the pet hair deparment, the Dyson got a very good and the Eureka got an excellent. Those ratings and the hundreds of dollars I saved are what sold me on the machine.

SuzRN
15th February 2009, 07:26 PM
Have a dyson animal also for 3 years. Love it, just hold the canister over the trash can a push a button, the bottom opens and junk drops out. Suggestion for saving money if you have a bed bath and beyound in your area use the 20% off coupon for a vac, they are not exempt and the store usually has many brands:thmbsup:

heather r
15th February 2009, 07:41 PM
Also have a built in vac. They put it in after house was built. It is great for getting up animal fur and also is great since I have allergy to dust. Our old vacs still stirred up a lot of dust and expelled in exhaust.

Heather R

StellaLucyDesi
18th February 2009, 04:43 AM
I have the Dyson Animal (ball design) and I love it! Expensive, but worth every penny!

cy1266
18th February 2009, 05:22 PM
We have all wood floors with a few rugs, and we use the Miele vacuum (I'm not sure of the model, but it's light blue and the body rolls on the floor and there's a long tube - is that considered a canister style???). It does have bags but I like the bags because I feel like they trap all the dust...the air feels so much cleaner, and with 4 pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) we have a lot of pet hair...mostly due to the cats ;) The vacuum was expensive (@ $600 3 years ago), but it's worth every penny...the only annoying this is you have to use the Miele bags, which are hard to find sometimes...