• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh Boy!

Mindysmom

With the warmer weather we have had this week nearly all of the snow in our backyard and covering our pond has melted. We have a large fenced yard. I haven't puppy proofed it yet since it's been under 3 feet of snow. Today Max discovered the yard - oh my goodness. He was running around like a crazy dog - so excited (I guess with how much room he has to run - and how much easier it is to run on grass than snow) and the smells. He was trying to chew everything - my shrubs, the grass, the cedar chips. Ai yi yi. He wouldn't come when called because we just couldn't get his attention. We also have rabbits (probably living under our deck). They aren't too bright because we've always had two dogs but Mindy and Zeus have seemed to have a live and let live attitude towards them. I'm sure he was smelling all kinds of new smells. I foresee lots of taking him out on the long leash until he settles down and starts to pay attention. We also have a pond that I have no desire to have to pluck him out of in this weather. I'm sure he'll fall in at some point and with the water not at freezing temps it should be easy enough for him to get out but all the same I would rather train him to stay away from the whole pond area. I definitely have my work cut out for me this spring.:bang::bang:

Apparently the leash has turned into a chew toy and the Bitter Yuck is now a valuable treat! Somebody seems to have turned into a teenager overnight.........

He isn't used to being leashed in the yard and a leash usually means walk so I guess I'm confusing him but I sense it will be a long night because there is no way I'm letting him roam around off the leash when I can't see him. When we had snow he'd stay within 5 feet of the deck and his ruby coat stood out against the white snow anyway.

I always take my two outside on a leash to potty. We do have a large fenced in back yard, but us you said, they get busy munching on the mulch and rooting in the grass for bunny poo to eat. :yuk: It's a bummer- I would love to let them out to run around and have fun, but I worry about them eating all that stuff.

Back