• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shampoo and Conditioner

Louisa

For those that show their beautiful cavaliers, will you please share with me and recommend the shampoos you find are the best?

I think it was Brotymo that posted about "Isle of Dogs" shampoo awhile back. I bought it and its absolutely WONDERFUL. I've tried more shampoos imagineable and I will never ever use anything else again. It makes them sooooooooooo soft and their coats shine. I haven't tried the conditioner but I'm going to. Its expensive but its worth it. You can also dilute it I believe 10-1 which I did but I used it mostly full strength. I think you leave it on them 3 mins. if I remember right. Somewhere in that vicinity. Here's the website:

http://www.iodogs.com

For those that show their beautiful cavaliers, will you please share with me and recommend the shampoos you find are the best?

As Linda said, Isle of Dogs is wonderful...and used by many who show. They have a vendor booth set up at most shows, and you can often buy the stuff cheaper there. Here is what I learned at the last vendor booth. Use the no. 10 on their body, then use the No. 20, royal jelly on their furnishings (ears, feathering) and you can use the No. 60 grooming spray between baths. For regular bathing, you can skip the no. 20 and just use the no. 10 all over and be fine, it just will weigh down the feathering a bit with conditioners versus the no. 20. The conditioner recommended for cavalier is the nol. 51, but I haven't needed it. I use a leave-in conditioner on them myself. That may change as their coats get longer. They are still young.

Their website is IODogs.com

I just went to the International Kennel Club dog show in Chicago yesterday and visited the Isle of Dogs booth...I bought the No. 10 shampoo (the liter) and the No. 51 conditioner - I'm so excited to try them! I was able to get about 20% off the price of the products since it was towards the end of the show, saving about $10...I didn't buy the grooming spray because it was pretty expensive; has anyone tried it? Is it worth buying?

I just went to the International Kennel Club dog show in Chicago yesterday and visited the Isle of Dogs booth...I bought the No. 10 shampoo (the liter) and the No. 51 conditioner - I'm so excited to try them! I was able to get about 20% off the price of the products since it was towards the end of the show, saving about $10...I didn't buy the grooming spray because it was pretty expensive; has anyone tried it? Is it worth buying?

I have the grooming spray, and I do like it. It smells very good and doesn't attract dirt, I'd say it actually repels it. A bottle ought to last forever since you use SOOO little each time. It is great for freshening them up between baths.

Back