• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello all from PSU

psucavs

Hey guys I'm new here and here is a little about me.

I'm currently a freshmen at Penn State University Majoring in Biomedical Engineering and Biology; even minoring in German (I'm rubbish at it though). I'm looking to be a vet someday. I've owned three Cavaliers, two passed on a year and a half ago at the ripe age of 16 (Kiwi, male Prince and Emms, Tri female).

I was born in London and grew up there until I was 2 when my dad got a new job up in Manchester. I lived there for another 6 years before we moved to San Diego.

I'm a huge Manchester United Fan (Dads a Chelsea fan)...GLORY GLORY!!! and have a scholarship to play here at PSU. Maybe I could play professionally someday, but I've got alot of work to do between now and then.

I'm really lucky. PSU accepted too many freshmen this past year and because I'm on one of the sports teams I was able to opt out of a dorm room and able to get a house and bring my baby with me, Amanda. She is a 3 year old Blenheim female Cav as you may guess. She is a rescue because a family in San Diego got her, but couldn't afford her medical bills. Poor girl. She has really bad epilepsy and we have to go to the vet every other week it seems.

My real reason for joining this board is I'm looking at getting some pet insurance. My step-mom (dad remarried once we moved after mum died of breast cancer when I was 6) is a vet and has been able to care for Amanda.

My new mum, Brek, grew up in TX and specializes in Big Animal Vet. She mainly works on horses and a friend who raises race horses brought her out to San Diego to be his personal vet. My dad met her when I was ten and married her when I was 12.

So that is my life story. I'm probably going to get another Cav this spring, don't know if it will be a rescue or a puppy, to be friends with Amanda. She gets lonely up here in Cold HAPPY VALLEY. We watch tv together every night for an hour or so and she jumps onto my lap for a nice cuddle. She is small for her age and always will be, Amanda has had a hard life, but I know she is happy and she reminds me of everything happy our in Sunny CALI!!!

:dogwlk:

:jump:

Last edited:
icon_welcome That is great you are studying to be a vet. I was born in PA, but no longer live there- my sister still does though. :) Would love to see a picture of Amanda if you can post one here. Sorry to hear she has epilepsy, but glad she has you to love and take care of her. :luv:

How exciting to see another Penn Stater! I'm an alum, 1995, now living near Boston. Oh how I miss Happy Valley!

Best of luck to you, and hope you're able to find a great pup pal for your little one! :paw:

:jump:

Ya I'm really loving PSU redhare. Is it always this COLD??? it seems like everyday i ahve to get an extra coat from my closet to stay cold.

that is cool that u are going to be a vet!! amanda sounds like a sweetheart!! Can we see a picture of her?

Well, I grew up in northwest PA, so it was actually not so bad for me. But yes, it is cold there! I can see coming from CA that it would be tough. It helps in the appreciation of the warm weather to come! :D

Back