• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Plastic or Wire crate

LovesCavaliers

Thanks both for advice, but I'm just trying to decide whether a metal crate or a plastic crate would be better for travelling in the car.

Are there any advantages of one over the other?

Mary

We use a plastic Vari Kennel crate for traveling in the car. It's safe, sturdy and I can fit both of mine together in one crate. We use a metal crate at home...The Vari Kennel crate has a handle on top for carrying, so it's much easier to lug around than the metal crate, which does not have a handle.

Good answer Carrie (y) I was about to say I prefer a wire crate as that's what I use but for in the car, it is difficult to carry unless you leave it in the car all the time.

Thanks Carrie,

I looked at the Vari kennels online and they look nice and light in colour. I like the windows on the sides too.

As Murphy is nearly fully grown at 18lbs I was wondering whether the size 2 crate for 20-30lbs would be a better choice than the crate no 1 that goes up to 20lbs.

A bit of extra room can't be a bad thing can it? What size do you have for your two cavs?

I'm going to have to buy it over the internet, as the petshop can't order one in. They do another type of plastic crate, but they are very dark inside.

Mary
Devoted Mom to Murphy & Dan

I don't know what you can get outside the US, but I use the plastic Pet-taxi in the car. It has a slot for the seatbelt and seems safer than all-wire in the car. I feel like the all-wire would fly apart in a crash of any significance and hurt the dog worse than the plastic.

Back