PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: unwanted cavalier

AT
18th February 2009, 07:15 PM
My sister knows someone on her work round who has a cavalier, they keep it in a cage all day & say they hate it & want it gone.
they say its too flighty but thats not suprising since its never let out.

They are asking 150 for it So we arn't sure what to do. we dont really like buying rescue dogs but this little chap sounds very sad & unloved ....

cy1266
18th February 2009, 08:53 PM
:( That's so sad. If they don't want it I wonder why they want to charge for it? Someone should definitely rescue this poor dog, it sounds like it's living a miserable life...

AT
18th February 2009, 08:59 PM
they payed quite a bit for it not long ago & are too greedy to give it away. I think its only 8 or 9 months old.
they had a westie before & this poor cav can do no right in comparisson to their perfect one

laram
18th February 2009, 09:22 PM
How horrible. I wish I was in the UK and could rescue him :( What's wrong with people?! :mad:

hwowen
18th February 2009, 09:23 PM
My sister knows someone on her work round who has a cavalier, they keep it in a cage all day & say they hate it & want it gone.

They are asking 150 for it So we arn't sure what to do. we dont really like buying rescue dogs but this little chap sounds very sad & unloved ....

I'm sure if you or your friend were to buy it, it would be quickly re-homed via a site like this if you explained the circumstances, as you can pay that much for dog from a rescue. I know it goes against the grain to hand over money to people like that, but I would feel that the dog's interests come first. If it was local to me, I would buy it myself (I'm in North Wales)

Brian M
18th February 2009, 11:19 PM
Hi

What a poor cav ,I would willingly donate some funds to help if needed ,pls it must be rescued.:(

AT
18th February 2009, 11:34 PM
thankyou, i'll speak to my sister about it tomorrow as she knows more

gloucester girl
18th February 2009, 11:45 PM
I cannot believe how anyone could "hate" a cavalier! To keep it in a cage - it makes one so angry! Good luck with rescuing this one, and well done for getting involved! Best wishes,Susanne & Frankie (12):xfngr::paw::paw:

susie1983
19th February 2009, 10:30 AM
How awful. i never understand the need to 'recoup' costs for rehoming. Please let us know what happens. We are looking for a rescue if thats anyhelp. Poor thing

xx

misty
19th February 2009, 10:32 PM
What a tough call :(. I hate these situations.

They wouldn't consider surrendering to a rescue would they?

pippa
19th February 2009, 10:36 PM
It's a tough one, but , I think in these circumtances I would pay to rescue the poor little thing, or try convincing them to surrender it.

hwowen
19th February 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm currently looking for a cavalier tri rescue dog or bitch, but hadn't considered travelling THAT far (for the sake of the dog having to travel back to North Wales), but would consider it if no-one closer could help an animal in need. I would expect to pay £150 to a rescue centre if I adopted (would RATHER give money to a rescue obviously!!). Are they advertising the poor thing anywhere?

AT
19th February 2009, 11:31 PM
I'm just waiting to hear back from my sister about it.

They know she has done cavalier rescue which is why they keep whining at her about the dog but they wont just hand it over

hwowen
20th February 2009, 02:07 AM
Very peculiar. Having read another post about someone posing to be involved in rescue, yet selling on dogs claiming they were her on but she couldn't keep them etc I am becoming more and more suspicious of anyone selling a dog with supposed 'genuine' reasons for not being able to keep it. Nevertheless, I would rather a dog lived with someone who loved it than someone who just saw it as 'goods' to buy and sell.

pippa
20th February 2009, 09:19 AM
I'm just waiting to hear back from my sister about it.

They know she has done cavalier rescue which is why they keep whining at her about the dog but they wont just hand it over

It does seem a little suspicious, but, maybe they bought the dog realised it was a mistake,want to offload it but are too mean and miserable to let the dog go without getting their monies worth.

They really don't sound like nice people,many people get dogs and have problems with them being flighty but don't lock it up all day!

They could try training or at least rehome the poor little thing:confused:

I am trying to conjure up an image where someone could look at a little cavalier in a cage all day and claim they hate it and want it gone:eek:
But I just can't imagine someone being so mean. NOT nice people at all!

Claire L
20th February 2009, 11:39 AM

Your sister should report those people to the local SPCA and maybe then they will surrender that poor little mite so it can have the life it deserves.

hannahpanda
21st February 2009, 01:37 PM
Have you contacted any local rescues to see if they can help?
http://www.cavalierrescue.co.uk/regional.htm

tupup
24th February 2009, 07:09 PM
hi AT i know none of you know me yet just joined but i hate the idea of this little one being in such dire straits. im serious when i say i will buy him, gladly, ive been looking for a rescue cav for a while now for my girl(ex puppy farm)to have a little pal & for me to spoil. im not too far from you i think& could arrange a friend to drive me to collect him. if you think this is viable please let me know the sooner the better for his sake id say! thanks rubes mumx

nuttybabe
1st March 2009, 01:46 AM
Hi

I have just joined after reading about this poor little thing. I have been thinking of getting another Cav. I already have a boy, Rex. I live in the area and would be very grateful if you could let me have more information.

Thanks

Sal

tupup
20th March 2009, 11:15 PM
:updte: just to tell you all that this little fella is now happy & very settled with my mum. he is now called Isaac & is such a character, gorgeous& a monkey! This is with thanks to At & her sister who were really helpful especially with directions as we got lost on the way!!
as you'll all know from reading the posts here Isaac was originally going to be with me however sadly Rubes strongly disliked him& growled every time he went near her then stopped eating in protest, he was so desperate for affection poor lad he would barge ruby out of the way if i paid her the slightest attention, he is quite a lot bigger than her so could knock her away easily.to cut a very long story short we all decided that Isaac needed to be an only child! He & mum bonded strongly & thats why he is there being spoilt rotten! i cried buckets to let him go BUT the main thing is we got him out of that cage& away to a loving home:thmbsup:

ilsamom
20th March 2009, 11:25 PM
I'm so happy for him! Glad he has a good home now!

Jen and Ilsa

hwowen
22nd March 2009, 03:06 PM
Soooooo pleased it all ended happily :D

LovesCavaliers
22nd March 2009, 04:44 PM
This has made my day:) I'm so glad there has been this happy ending.

Well Done to you and I wish you and your Mom many happy years with Isaac.

Dink
24th March 2009, 11:46 PM
Delighted!!! :rah:

diddy
25th March 2009, 12:02 AM
A lovely happy ending:) Hope Isaac and your mum have many happy years together.

*Pauline*
25th March 2009, 09:37 AM
Wouds love to see some pictures :snap:

pippa
25th March 2009, 09:51 AM
Great news and at least he is with your mum so you can still see him.

Well done to you both!

meljoy
25th March 2009, 08:41 PM
What a wonderful ending to a very sad story. Well done:jump:

Lani
25th March 2009, 09:31 PM
What a happy ending.

And I agree with Pauline ... we need Pics!! :snap:

tupup
31st March 2009, 12:43 AM
:thnku: thank you for all your good wishes,its so nice of you all:) Isaac has all his jabs,microchip & been neutered now. He is so responsive to my mum but pulls on his lead something shocking, i guess any would after his background, he is better off lead. mum is working hard with him. it is on my list to learn how to post pics onto here but i might have to phone a friend Lol!:sl*p: