PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Traders - Puppy farming

hwowen
19th February 2009, 10:08 PM
Thought those of you who missed it would like a chance to see the BBC Rogue Traders programme
and here's link to the programme. (Not sure about the safety of a terrier on a motorbike, but she DID seem to enjoy it!!??)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ht44f/b00ht3vv/Rogue_Traders_Series_7_Puppy_Farming/

hwowen
19th February 2009, 10:20 PM
And here are the details of the cavalier farm in question
http://www.fauna.org.uk/home.4x?id=5003117&fil

diddy
19th February 2009, 11:05 PM
Awful wasnt it. But they got some important points across and viewers might now think twice about buying a pup unseen over the internet, and from places where the pups mums are not around. I think Mr J will have put a lot of people off the larger establishments with his rather strange behaviour.

Poor little puppies though, so terribly sad for them.

Elaine 2
19th February 2009, 11:26 PM
It was very sad, l was just willing them to walk through that door the one with no entry on but did you see how fast the fella came running across in case they went inside

Lisa_T
20th February 2009, 01:37 AM
One thing that confused me - why put a pup down from gastro? Parvo I understand ... but gastro? I know puppies can die from it, but I didn't know vets would put them down for having it!

harleyfarley
20th February 2009, 09:13 AM
I dont think they did enough, when that guy went and moved his vehicles why didnt they just march through those doors, i would have done, spect i would get arrested for tresparsing, :cool:

Dublin
20th February 2009, 10:11 AM
I made Mark watch it as he couldnt get his head round the differance between someone who likes on a farm & breeds dogs & a puppy farm. He gets it now & now realises why I get so upset about these things!

I was very annoyed that the RSPCA woulnd go to that guys farm untill the following day - I think I would have said if they arent coming we'll just call in a local vet instead.

Charlifarley
20th February 2009, 01:51 PM
Unfortunatly we can't access the bbc i player in the rep of ireland, does anyone know of any other way to watch this programme?