PDA

View Full Version : Another unwanted cavalier

pippa
20th February 2009, 12:32 PM
I got a call from my sister-in-law this morning ,she was calling to ask if I knew anyone who wanted a cavalier puppy 8 months old, or if I would take it!

A neighbour of hers got it from his son who couldn't keep it, but the man can't manage it:confused:

[deleting price information -- admin]

I asked her to ask him if he would be willing to give it to a rescue, but she said probably not but she would ask him.

She was ringing me because she was concerned it would not go to a good home.

He is selling it beacuse it barks when he is not home:mad:

I can't get the poor little thing out of my mind now...I wish she hadn't called me:(

She probably knew it would have this affect on me and maybe I would buy it.

Why do people keep getting dogs without thinking it out first!!!??

The same sister-in-law(we are not close) bought one recently herself because her little girl wanted it..I'm just waiting for the call asking me to take it also!

Shivers
20th February 2009, 02:04 PM
I just cannot get my head around why people would ever buy a dog for a child. It is madness. It is wrong to expect any child to have that kind of responsibility. Then when the child doesnt want to go for a walk in the cold or clean up puddles the parents get fed up and dogs are left looking for new homes.

My own sister recently decided that she wanted a dog (a pug) and in her own words 'I dont mind if its cheaper and unregistered, I just want it as a pet' - I emailed her a link to a video on puppy farms and an SPCA puppy farm rescue video and that soon made her think twice.

It is very frustrating to hear so many stories like this. I really hope they manage to get a good home for the little guy. Maybe they will let it be rehomed via rescue.

Lani
20th February 2009, 02:16 PM
That is so sad. Hopefully the family loves the dog enough to have its best interests in mind and will agree to rescue. :xfngr:

Karlin
20th February 2009, 03:32 PM
I know this is a sad situation but I do not allow listings for dogs that are for sale, no matter the circumstances.

I hope they at least get the dog neutered before they try and sell. Dropping you a PM on one possibility. :thmbsup:

pippa
20th February 2009, 07:45 PM
Sorry Karlin:o

I didn't mean to put the price up on the forum...I was heading to work just after the call and was so mad.

I just wanted to vent really.

Will check pm now.

pippa
21st February 2009, 05:01 PM
I can't get the poor little thing out of my mind now...I wish she hadn't called me:(

I take it back we are trying to get it sorted and into rescue as I type:)

Karlin
21st February 2009, 11:40 PM
I wasn't the topic, I should have been clearer and thought more about it. It was just listing the prices.

Thanks to your concern and help, we are getting this guy sorted. :)