• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliers being advert. as tiny tiny toy

brotymo

I just found this website and it makes me SO MAD! They are promoting their puppies as "tiny toy" and "tiny tiny toy". One puppy is being promoted at only 1 lb 10 oz at 3 months old. sicko people, and the puppies look SOOO sad. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
did you see all the other breeds they have too, lol i should send them harleys stats they would fall over, i cant help but think they cant be healthy, maybe underfed from birth. I look everywhere i couldnt find any details of heaths screening the parents have had, di

I've got to say I'd look pretty annoyed too if anyone tried draping me with all those flowers and feathers. I don't think I could ever buy from anyone who did that to their puppies in the first place. They certainly don't have happy eyes.

Yet another example of animals being treated like accessories ... and making someone a hefty profit by the looks of it. I think that's what has befallen many cavaliers that end up in rescue - people buying the puppies BECAUSE they look so toy-like, and then can't cope with a living, breathing, running, jumping, pooing reality that needs to be fed, trained, excercised and cared for - it's just too inconvenient, so they get rid :(

Last edited:
I've taken the web address off as we have to be strict about this kind of situation - there are legal implications. Please read the section about libel.

Thank you for pointing this out to us though.

http://www.urban75.org/info/libel.html

http://www.isp-planet.com/business/libel.html

http://www.out-law.com/page-5624

Please read these before you post any more.

I would read that for any information on libel. The UK Law is extremely harsh in respects to the same law here in the USA. After all the first amendment promises free speech until you endanger their person. While I'm not an expert of UK or European laws, I have passed the BAR in the USA and I can say that you don't want to mess with UK Libel Laws.

My suggestion is to play it save and make up personal nick-names (personal meaning you made them up personally) to refer to certain people. And remember take any Law advice with a LARGE grain of Salt (even mine) One needs to pass the BAR or BAR equivilent and specialize in Libel Law to give you imperative advice.

But yes them recognizing those Cavs as a tiny toy, teacup, or toy toy could bring about a lawsuit from the KC in Britain for defamation for misrepresentation of a breed if it is a UK site.

Also check the isp routing from your computer. For many cases if the server bank is located in the USA, UK laws will not cover anything unless the site is hosted in the UK. For cavaliertalk.com it looks like the site is hosted from a company in Ireland but then routed to a Server Bank in Amsterdam. Meaning I do not know if Hosting365 Ltd. Ireland is responsible because the actual website is located in Amsterdam. Karlin maybe a litle help from you.

Any admins if this needs to be deleted for security reasons go ahead and do it, I don't care, whatever is better. Just thought I'd give a little advice on UK Libel and how serious it is taken in retrospect to the USA.

Last edited:
I have a whole post that includes legal information on what is OK to post in the Getting Started section. I also link to EFF's guidelines to defamation and libel. No one should be making a single post anywhere online unless they are familiar with the legalities of posting.

I have asked people many times to please NOT post links to puppy sale sites, auctions or individual breeders or discuss breeders and their personal breeding practice here. If the discussion simply refers to an existing discussion somewhere that is generally OK -- but most of the time I will remove comments about specific people or their sites -- as I have had to do several times before.

Please folks: if you are posting to this board, READ THE GETTING STARTED SECTION ON WHAT YOU MAY POST.

On some of the legal side... server domain is irrelevant more or less when it comes to libel but the issue is complicated (so assume anything posted falls under any existing libel law anywhere the site can be read -- though you'd need very deep pockets to bring suits in other jurisdictions! or any jurisdiction for that matter (y)). One thing I do know pretty well is working libel and defamation law -- not only do I have to know this as a working journalist for several national newspapers and magazines (and I've also worked for online publications such as Wired.com and Salon.com, not just print :) ) but I also have written about this area regularly as a journalist, and I keep au fait with emerging case law thorough several legal practices, three of which advise me on my own sites (two major Irish law firms and one major east coast US firm with offices across the US). This, incidentally, is why I laugh when some of the people who post to sites elsewhere accuse me of defamatory comments here and threaten to sue. :rolleyes: I can promise I know better than they do what is allowable, what is fair comment, and what my responsibilities as board owner and admin are. But of course, as with the infamous planned hiring of the PR firm to advise the UK CKCS Club, if these ladies wish to give some lawyers employment in the downturn to tell them what I can already tell them, they are welcome. :)

Back