• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Innova?

stacy710

I've read several good reviews of Innova puppy food. Has anyone used it? Now they eat Royal Canin Puppy Digest & Skin. This was recommended by our Vet but I was interested in a more natural option. Welcome any ideas.:confused:

We have had our cavalier pup on Innova puppy food and it's been wonderful. Now we will switch to Innova Evo which our almost 3 year old golden is on. I do add some warmed sweet potato to the mix and Abigail loves it.

Heather R

Hi

I wish I could get it in the Uk you have some great dog food brands in the US.:(
Here I just swop between Royal Canin and Burns thats all I think are OK.

I think I'll give it a try. The sweet potato is an interesting option. What other foods veggies, etc. are good to mix in and what should be avoided?
Thanks

For veggies, try the bags of mixed veggies (corn, carrots, peas, green beans), or frozen broccolli or green beans. I keep them frozen and just toss them in or use as treats. They love them! You can really feed just about anything EXCEPT onions, grapes, raisins...any others? Oh, they also love apples and tomatoes.

Oh, they also love apples and tomatoes.

apples are okay sans the seeds. They should not eat green tomatoes or any green part of the tomatoe plant. Once the tomato is ripe, whatever it is that is harmful has changed chemical composition or something like that. Can't remember what happens...just that the green plant parts are very dangerous.

I did read on another Cavalier message board that Innova has a very high crude protein level (40%). A breeder on that board said that a high protein level may cause kidney problems and she never feeds her dogs more than 34% crude protein. Mind you, I do not know if that is true, but I would like for someone on this board to respond, if they have an opinion or know if that is true. I have some Innova Evo sitting in my kitchen right now, but I have been mixing it with other food that has a less protein percentage.....any info would be appreciated. Innova has always been considered a good food, I have read.

Back