PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea

Pepe
24th February 2009, 07:32 AM
Hi just waiting for vets to open as been up since 4am my 4 year old Cav has diarrhea also now found blood spotting on floor. we have looked at his anal glands as he had an abcess last may, but didnt have diarrhea then, not sure what it is.:(.

lorebringer
25th February 2009, 12:02 PM
Oh dear, the poor pet! Hope all goes well at the vet - keep us posted. :flwr:

brotymo
25th February 2009, 12:43 PM
Oh no. You are smart to take him in. I hope he just has a bug and will be feeling better soon.

Karlin
25th February 2009, 12:58 PM
Sounds like bleeding (haemorrhagic) gastroenteritis -- definitely needs to see a vet as it can progress to a serious level. As you have caught it early you'll probably get antibiotics, be told about placing him on a bland diet for the next week, and perhaps he will get an injection to settle his tummy. One of mine is prone to this

chloe92us
25th February 2009, 05:36 PM
Ollie has had this twice now and it is very worrying, especially when it comes on during a road trip! :eek:

Hopefully your baby will be fine. Keep us updated!

Princess Buttercup
25th February 2009, 08:08 PM
Ah the poor little thing - seems to be a lot of that going around these days :(

Let us know how your get on.

Pepe
27th February 2009, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone, im glad to say my dog's fine, on antibotics for 5 days, he has been himself wanting to eat etc, my husband gave him chicken the night before, after reading posts on here i thought that might be it, vet said she hasnt heard of dogs been allergic to chicken before.

So im not going to give him fresh chicken anymore just in case, his normal food is dry complete for small dogs.

:)

Lani
27th February 2009, 11:54 AM
Most vets will actually recommend chicken and rice as part of a bland diet. One way to know if the chicken is the issue is to check and see whether any kibble you feed contains chicken - if it does I'd bet against it being the chicken.

That said, perhaps it was something mixed in with the chicken that he was sensitive too or toxic? Not sure if it was just chicken that was fed or any other table food also?

My Lucky had bloody Diarrhea quite a lot as a puppy, but it still worries me whenever he gets it and I rush to him to the vet. Glad he's starting to feel better.