• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Diarrhea

Pepe

Hi just waiting for vets to open as been up since 4am my 4 year old Cav has diarrhea also now found blood spotting on floor. we have looked at his anal glands as he had an abcess last may, but didnt have diarrhea then, not sure what it is.:(.

Oh no. You are smart to take him in. I hope he just has a bug and will be feeling better soon.

Sounds like bleeding (haemorrhagic) gastroenteritis -- definitely needs to see a vet as it can progress to a serious level. As you have caught it early you'll probably get antibiotics, be told about placing him on a bland diet for the next week, and perhaps he will get an injection to settle his tummy. One of mine is prone to this

Ollie has had this twice now and it is very worrying, especially when it comes on during a road trip! :eek:

Hopefully your baby will be fine. Keep us updated!

Hello everyone, im glad to say my dog's fine, on antibotics for 5 days, he has been himself wanting to eat etc, my husband gave him chicken the night before, after reading posts on here i thought that might be it, vet said she hasnt heard of dogs been allergic to chicken before.

So im not going to give him fresh chicken anymore just in case, his normal food is dry complete for small dogs.

:)

Most vets will actually recommend chicken and rice as part of a bland diet. One way to know if the chicken is the issue is to check and see whether any kibble you feed contains chicken - if it does I'd bet against it being the chicken.

That said, perhaps it was something mixed in with the chicken that he was sensitive too or toxic? Not sure if it was just chicken that was fed or any other table food also?

My Lucky had bloody Diarrhea quite a lot as a puppy, but it still worries me whenever he gets it and I rush to him to the vet. Glad he's starting to feel better.

Back