• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Insurance advice

harleyfarley

I have to stay with the insurance i have for the short term as otherwise his condition would be pre existing with another company, but im not that impressed with churchill but i will have to take out another year as it ends in June and i dont think they will have completed the treatment by then.
The question is can you change insurance companies mid term, ie cancel this insurance and take out another obviously better one with another company, i would make sure they overlap to cover any period of time when he wouldnt be covered by either, but im not sure if i can or not.

I am with direct line at the moment but it ends in May.
I printed the Axa policy off for my vet to read and see wot she thinks. If its ok i will probably start it asap....i cant cancel the DL policy but will just pay it till may(as my cat is stil gonna be with them) for the 2 dogs.Its only 2/3 extra payments- but i have bad luck stamped all over me and knowing my luck something would happen before May!LOLOL...better to start it i think!

im thinking of going with axa too, the churchill one is rubbish and the axa one isnt that much more expensive. Trouble is Harley is in the middle of treatment so i might have to renew it in June.

Di

These are well established questions ,AXA is by far the best ,Petplan next but a lot more money but be careful as obviously no ins comp will take on a pre-existing condition.:)

Yes as noted you can change policies all you want but ALL preexisting conditions or later conditions which relate or even seem to relate to something a dog was treated for earlier will almost certainly be excluded. For example almost certainly the current problem will never be covered if it recurs.

The best advice is call and talk in detail to the new insurer before you do anything because it may well not be worth moving the policy if you lose a raft of coverage.

yes im away of the pre exsisting rules, churchill whom im with will only cover each illness for a year or up to £3000, so if he has the op thats blown well and truly and if not next year they wont cover him, thats why im moving insurance its not gonna be any benifit to stay and i can get much better cover for anything else he should get in the future, trouble the policy comes up for renewal in june, so i guess ill be tied for another year.

Back