PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bailey - 10.4.08~25.02.09

Ejay
26th February 2009, 12:14 AM
After a beautiful eight months spent with my little Bailey, I had to make the heart wrenching decsion to let her go this morning.

She was extremely poorly, with extensive damage to her lungs and was having trouble breathing. She had just turned ten months old.

I have loved teh cuddles and time we have spent with each other, and will miss her forever, she was my baby and stole my heart.

I will miss you always my baby Bailey x x x x x
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3308647865_4d94156fcd.jpg?v=0

Wagtails
26th February 2009, 12:41 AM
Oh Emily, this is heartbreaking - for you and for all of us who have been following your long struggle to care for little Bailey. There will be so many tears on this Board, so many prayers, so much love and support. I do hope that it will bring you some comfort and knowing that the little one is running free of pain at last.

I'm holding you and Bailey in my heart

Marie-Anne

brid kenny
26th February 2009, 12:58 AM
Im so sorry for your loss. That's hard when she was so young.

pippa
26th February 2009, 01:01 AM
I am so sorry.......

arasara
26th February 2009, 02:16 AM
I am SO sorry to hear about Bailey :hug: You're in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time :flwr:

brotymo
26th February 2009, 04:55 AM
Oh, Emily, I am soooo sorry. You gave her so much love and tried with everything in your power to give her a good life and restore her health.:hug:
My heart aches for you.
She was a beautiful girl.
You will be in my thoughts.

jasperpaw
26th February 2009, 09:30 AM
So sorry that you have had to go through all of this with your beautiful little Bailey, thinking of you at this sad time.

ice-cavi
26th February 2009, 09:38 AM
My heart goes out for you Emily..
:hug:

Brian M
26th February 2009, 09:55 AM
Hi
Emily

So sorry for you she was such a beautiful little girl and to have lost her so young must be so heart wrenching ,our wamest thoughts to you from us all in Prenton.

susie1983
26th February 2009, 09:56 AM
So sorry for your loss:( Thinking of you in this difficult time.

Nicki
26th February 2009, 10:10 AM
So very sorry to hear this tragic news Emily.

It's truly heartbreaking to lose one so young, you always feel cheated on top of grieving; the only comfort is that you gave Bailey all the love and care she so deserved, and in time you will have some happy memories of your time together.

sins
26th February 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear you had to let her go, but you always put her welfare first and foremost.She couldn't have asked for a better or more devoted "mummy".Thinking of you at this difficult time.
Sins

Louise1823
26th February 2009, 12:35 PM
Oh Emily, Im so sorry you've lost your beautiful little Bailey. I know how poorly she has been and I was so hoping that she would pull through. You had to put her first, as difficult as that decision was to make.

Im sure she's wrapped in the wings of our other little angels at the bridge - thinking of you xxx :hug:

Shelli
26th February 2009, 12:43 PM
So sorry for your loss :(
You have been through so much with Bailey over the past few months, it must have been a very hard decision to make.
Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time :hug:

Lani
26th February 2009, 12:49 PM
Words escape me.

I am so sorry and sad for you. :( What an awful loss. I hope your memories will help bring you some comfort.

Aileen
26th February 2009, 01:25 PM
I am so sorry

When God calls little puppies to dwell with Him above,
We humans always question the wisdom of His love.
For no heartache can compare with the loss of one small "child,"
Who does so much to make this world seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires...always calling the aged to His fold,
And so He picks a rosebud before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them and so He picks but few;
To make the land of heaven more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult, yet somehow we must try,
For the saddest word that mankind knows will always be "good-bye."
And so when little pups depart; we, who are left behind,
Must realize how much God loves puppies...for angels are hard to find. (--Author Unknown--)
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

merlinsmum
26th February 2009, 01:35 PM
Emily, such sad,sad news:flwr: you did everything you could for littlle Bailey, may she run free at the bridge

Thinking of you:paw:

Jasperxxgabby
26th February 2009, 01:46 PM
I am so sorry and very saddened to hear you have lost your precious Bailey, the photo of her shows how beautiful she was and I can't imagine how you are feeling, I hope that given time your happy memories will comfort you.

Run free little Bailey :luv:.

Emily, please know I am thinking of you and your family through this hard time, :flwr::flwr::flwr:.

coconut
26th February 2009, 02:21 PM
so sorry for ur loss, thinking of u in this difficult time!

linderbelle
26th February 2009, 02:26 PM
I am soooooooo sorry and my heart truly does ache for you. These are just words but hopefully will comfort you in some way. Maybe just knowing that we all understand your love for your "child"--not a dog but a child. Hugs to you and with time you will heal but in the meantime the pain is sometimes unbearable. Hugs to you and again my heart does ache for you--especially losing one soooooooooooo young. Sometimes hard to understand why.

Katelyn
26th February 2009, 03:12 PM
im sorry.. :( :flwr:

Sandrac
26th February 2009, 03:27 PM
Emily. Am so sorry that you had to let Bailey go especially after the long struggle that you have had with her. My heart goes out to you, but remember no matter how short a time you had with her, her memory will stay in your heart forever. :flwr::flwr:

metime
26th February 2009, 06:56 PM
So sorry for your loss.

I hope Bailey finds my Brady who passed last week aged 14 months and have a happy time chasing clouds and butterflies together

hbmama
26th February 2009, 07:32 PM
Oh Emily, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I have followed Bailey's stories since you got her and started posting. She had a difficult beginning, but you were there to see that she had everything medically possible and unconditional love while she was here. I will keep you and your family in my heart, thoughts and prayers.:hug:She was truly blessed to have had you as a mom.

Elaine 2
27th February 2009, 01:21 AM
I'm so sorry Emily, Bailey was a beautiful little girl
Run free sweet Bailey

qwickkertje
27th February 2009, 08:38 AM
I'm so sorry :(
And that's about all I can say :(

Lots of hugs for you Emily

Claire L
27th February 2009, 12:33 PM
Emily, I'm so sorry you had to let your precious Bailey go to the Bridge
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3308647865_4d94156fcd.jpg?v=0

She was truly a beautiful little girl :lotsaluv:
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this sad time.

EvelynF
27th February 2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry for your loss. Such a pretty girl. My thoughts are with you.

*Pauline*
27th February 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm so sorry Emily. Bailey was such a sweet looking little girl. You tried so hard to give her the bast chance possible, all credit to you. I'm glad she is at peace now. :hug: :flwr:

amanda L
27th February 2009, 01:21 PM
Emily,
I am so sorry to hear about your little Bailey, thinking of you at this sad time:flwr:

Clairelou
27th February 2009, 03:15 PM
Emily I am so very sorry to hear about your beautiful little girl, you are in my thoughts and prayers :flwr::flwr::flwr:

cy1266
27th February 2009, 05:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about little Bailey, I have been following your story since you got her and know that you cared for her so much and did everything possible to get her better. You did the most caring thing you could have done for her at this point, release her from her pain. I'm so sorry :(

Dublin
27th February 2009, 06:57 PM
I too have followed your posts about your precious Bailey, I'm so sorry to hear you had to give her her wings. You should take comfort in the fact that you did everything possible for her & to give Bailey her wings was the final act of kindness.

I am sitting here typing this through tears, I just cannot imagine how you feel right now but we're sending you lots of comforting thoughts & hugs:hug:

LovesCavaliers
27th February 2009, 07:17 PM
I'm so terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Your precious girl will be live in your heart always, as my own dear Bailey does.

We never have them long enough, but it must be gut wrenching to lose a puppy.

Mary xx

Margaret C
27th February 2009, 07:26 PM
I am so sorry.
Thank goodness she had such a wonderful caring Mum.

Margaret C

shippers
28th February 2009, 12:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I hope you can get some comfort in the fact that Bailey is free from pain now and at peace. She was lucky she had a 'mummy' who loved and cared for her so much. Thinking of you at this sad time :hug:

SuzRN
28th February 2009, 05:38 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, I am sure she is much at peace. I cry each time I read these posts. You have my thoughts.

brotymo
28th February 2009, 06:59 PM
Emily, I went back to your first post of this thread today and looked at the photo you posted of Bailey looking up into the camera. She seemed to be looking right at me. If you are like me, that will forever be one of your favorite photos of Bailey. My favorite picture of Pixie is of her in a similar position to your photo of Bailey, sitting on the floor looking directly into the camera (ie: at me). In fact, it is my avatar. It is exactly how I remember looking down at Pixie a thousand times a day as she followed me everywhere and sat there staring up at me. For me, the photo of Pixie isn't her "best" picture, but it is the best one for making me feel, for a moment, that she is sitting there staring up at me once again. Your precious Bailey looks like she is doing the same thing in the photo you posted. I imagined that you used that one for similar reasons to my own.
I know you must be missing her terribly, and you are in my thoughts.

Ejay
28th February 2009, 09:59 PM
I just wanted to say a big thankyou to you all for your kind words and best wishes.

It has been a really difficult few days, and it is just so strange so be sat here without Bailey beside me, she was my little shadow, and we had the stongest bond, i have never felt like this with a dog before, i really feel blessed to have shared the past eight months with her.

The day i walked into the breeders conservatory, Bailey came straight for me, the second time i visited, again, she was first to me and wanted cuddles, my little girl chose me to be her mummy, thankfully i understood and took her home to be my little girl. She as such a lovely puppy, and even til the last, would stick by my side, however unwell she felt. She was my little baby girl, and is so sorely missed. I know in my heart that i made the best decision for Bailey, i just wish i'd hve had longer with her.

Thank you allfor your support, it means so much at such a diffiult time x x

tara
28th February 2009, 10:59 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I've been following Bailey's story and I just applaud you for being such a wonderful mom to her. I wish she could have been with you much, much longer. You are in my thoughts.

diddy
28th February 2009, 11:14 PM
Emily,Im so sorry that you had to make the heart breaking decision to give little Bailey her wings. Ive been following her story for a while now and am gutted that despite all the love, happiness and companionship you so obviously lavished on her, it could not pull her through this.

We are thinking of you (tears dripping now) and sincerely hope that the lovely memories you have of her will help heal the heartache.

Love my Cavaliers
28th February 2009, 11:16 PM
What a heartbreaking decision you had to make. My heart aches for you. She will always be beautiful. Run free Bailey!

Cathy Moon
5th March 2009, 01:12 AM
Emily, I'm so sorry for your loss of little Bailey. She was a member of your family, and it is so difficult to lose those who are in your every day life. :( I hope you'll write about her as often as you want to here on CavTalk - many of us understand your pain and sadness, and we'd love to read about your memories of her and the little things she did that made her special to you. :hug::flwr:

Mom of Jato
5th March 2009, 05:49 AM
So sorry you had to lose your little Bailey at such a young age. She sure was a precious girl. I hope the wonderful memories and love she gave you help to ease the pain. Take care. :flwr:

Sabby
6th March 2009, 03:12 PM
Emily
I just saw this post about Bailey and I am sitting here typing this through tears. I really hoped she would get better. She had the best mum to take care of her. You are in my thoughts.:hug:

James
6th March 2009, 10:37 PM
I am so sorry for you losing little Bailey at such a young age, I feel for you, so sorry

chloe92us
10th March 2009, 07:48 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Just catching up now, I know you did all you could for her.

Justine
25th March 2009, 10:24 PM
Oh,soooo sorry to read this.I hope you feel better soon.